Sign in with
Your question

Are my cpu temps normal?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:06:18 AM

hey everyone i just wanted to make sure i was ok on something. i got a 2500k not too long ago and the cooler is a hyper 212. i applied thermal paste but idk if i put enough. under full load with a 4.0 overclock im getting around 63 degrees stable. is that normal? playing games is about 53. idle is about 35. are these temps normal? also i shoud add i have the bitfenix ghost case with 1 120 fan in front and back

More about : cpu temps normal

a c 152 à CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:46:51 AM

Those temps seem fine to me. I'm guessing when you say full load you mean stress testing with a program like Prime 95. If so than that is an extreme and no program will really put that much stress on a CPU. What are your idle temps? 53 degree's when gaming is fine.
m
l
January 1, 2013 1:52:17 AM

rds1220 said:
Those temps seem fine to me. I'm guessing when you say full load you mean stress testing with a program like Prime 95. If so than that is an extreme and no program will really put that much stress on a CPU. What are your idle temps? 53 degree's when gaming is fine.

thanks for the reply! i was just curious cuz i had a phenom 2 945 at 3.4 ghz an it idled at like 28 and maxed at 38. so i was wondering why the huge temp increase
m
l
Related resources
a c 152 à CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:58:48 AM

schecterplayer said:
thanks for the reply! i was just curious cuz i had a phenom 2 945 at 3.4 ghz an it idled at like 28 and maxed at 38. so i was wondering why the huge temp increase

CPU's are different and some run hotter than others. Did you change your case with this build or change the way the fans were drawing/or exhausting air? Like I said you can't really compare two different CPU's from two different generations and two different companies.
m
l
January 1, 2013 2:03:15 AM

rds1220 said:
CPU's are different and some run hotter than others. Did you change your case with this build or change the way the fans were drawing/or exhausting air? Like I said you can't really compare two different CPU's from two different generations and two different companies.

well i only recently switched to this case. i had the haf 912 and loved it but i wanted to have a sleek case. oh. i know this isnt related at all but could you help with another question? i wanted to know if i could use those psu power extenstions to clean up my build. i cant get a good clean look inside and the side panel barely goes back on
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
January 1, 2013 2:29:33 AM

schecterplayer said:
well i only recently switched to this case. i had the haf 912 and loved it but i wanted to have a sleek case. oh. i know this isnt related at all but could you help with another question? i wanted to know if i could use those psu power extenstions to clean up my build. i cant get a good clean look inside and the side panel barely goes back on

I don't see why not but you might want to ask in the Cases/PSU section to be sure. What type of PSU do you have? I've never used them all the PSU's I have used were modular and for the most part didn't have trouble reaching different parts of the case.
m
l
January 1, 2013 2:30:57 AM

rds1220 said:
I don't see why not but you might want to ask in the Cases/PSU section to be sure. What type of PSU do you have? I've never used them all the PSU's I have used were modular and for the most part didn't have trouble reaching different parts of the case.

ok thank you :) 
m
l
January 1, 2013 7:24:42 AM

My 960t ran at 19C idle with STOCK cooler, and the newer chips are hotter because of the architecture and better performance. You're fine.
m
l
!