Need help installing fans with multiple connectors

I'm building my first PC and I need help installing the fans.

I bought Delta AFB1212GHE-CF00 fans which come with multiple connectors. The only connector that looks like I might be able to use right now is the 2-pin male molex. I have 4-pin female molex connectors but no 2-pin. Some say you can connect 2-pin male directly to 4-pin female, some say you can't. I tried it and connected the other end of the 4-pin female connector to the PSU and the fan won't spin.
17 answers Last reply
More about need installing fans multiple connectors
  1. I "kinda" understand what you mean just need some sort of drawing to clarify everything ...

    http://s1270.beta.photobucket.com/user/roller21/media/0366_MED_zpsfa021688.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

    don't know how this thing works ... anyway look at it


    - The Brownie
  2. No it's the opposite. My Delta fans have the molex with the black and red wires and not the yellow and black wires.

    To be more specific, the fans have a pair of blue and red wires alongside a black wire coming out of them. The blue and red wires have a 3-pin female jumper at the end. The black wire has a metal thing at the end, don't know what it's for.

    The 3-pin female jumper is connected to a 3-pin male jumper, which has a yellow wire alongside a pair of black and red wires. The yellow wire has another 3-pin female jumper at the end. The red and black wires have the 2-pin male molex at the end.
  3. Building a hover craft ?

    4 pin HDD connector ( Molex ) with red ( 12v ) and black (Grd) wire, for power direct from the psu, the motherboard headers can't handle the 30 watts those fans may need
    3 pin fan connector with blue wire, for monitoring RPMs, connects to the motherboard fan header

  4. I'm going to install the AFB1212GHE-CF00 fans on a 120mm x 4 radiator.
  5. laigromi said:
    I'm going to install the AFB1212GHE-CF00 fans on a 120mm x 4 radiator.

    Those are some crazy high speed fans to be mounting on a rad, which one ?
  6. I just realized the black wire with the metal thing at the end is loose and it's supposed to be plugged into the back of the 3-pin female jumper along with the blue and red wires.
  7. I have the Black Ice GTX 480...

    Okay, I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to be lectured or ridiculed, but to tell you the truth, I bought 2 of these...and 8 of those. Crazy high speed fans to be mounting on a rad are exactly what I wanted. I am a crazy rad high on speed.
  8. I just plugged in the loose metal end and tried again. It spins alright. Holy ***.
  9. laigromi said:
    I have the Black Ice GTX 480...

    Okay, I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to be lectured or ridiculed, but to tell you the truth, I bought 2 of these...and 8 of those. Crazy high speed fans to be mounting on a rad are exactly what I wanted. I am a crazy rad high on speed.

    My first loop had a pair of NMB's ( same kind of screamers ) on a BI2 240, thought I wouldn't care, but in the end it was too damn loud
  10. This first fan I was testing, either the connectors weren't very well put together or I just wasn't careful with it. On top of that loose metal end, 1 of the pins in the male molex had been pushed back into the hole when I tried to plug it into the female molex (I pulled it back out), and the other pin also seems a bit bent now. Well, at least it works.

    So now that I got past this, I need to mount them on the radiator. Actually, maybe I should just stick with 1 radiator for now.

    I still might need help on this. I was already having problems figuring out the case fans on my other PC.
  11. delluser1 said:
    My first loop had a pair of NMB's ( same kind of screamers ) on a BI2 240, thought I wouldn't care, but in the end it was too damn loud


    It won't be so bad once the fan controller is installed, right? I'm still thrilled with the power of these fans.
  12. A fan controller would be cool for these but they are so loud and they spin so fast ... i can't figure out a fan controller on delta fans. People who buy delta fans generally don't care about the noise so they don't try to run them smoother than they are because they want a massive airflow. If you can't live with them just buy some quieter fans and they will absolutely do the job. Delta's on a radiator is extreme overkill ...


    - The Brownie
  13. Bromeh said:
    A fan controller would be cool for these but they are so loud and they spin so fast ... i can't figure out a fan controller on delta fans. People who buy delta fans generally don't care about the noise so they don't try to run them smoother than they are because they want a massive airflow. If you can't live with them just buy some quieter fans and they will absolutely do the job. Delta's on a radiator is extreme overkill ...


    - The Brownie



    Funny you should say that. The reason I bought a fan controller is because of all the reviews on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001 urging people who wanted to buy this Delta fan to get a fan controller :lol:

    I tried turning 4 fans all the way up to see how loud it is. It's loud but I think I can live with it. I also tested them with the fan controller and it works alright, so if I do change my mind like delluser1, I can always turn them down.
  14. I'm still thinking about what you guys said. Still not sure what I should do. If the noise does start bothering me, maybe it's better if I have quieter fans turned all the way up instead of these Deltas turned down?
  15. That's depends on which fan ...

    Some fans spins at max 40dB and have around 90CFM which is good but some are a 90dB and push 40CFM ... You gotta take some great quality fans if you want something silent

    - The Brownie
  16. I cant click or even copy the links.

    - The Brownie
  17. Bromeh said:
    I cant click or even copy the links.

    - The Brownie


    Hmm I can click on it, don't know what's the problem but I'll try posting the link again.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4176827&SID=14im9jo7yor77
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components