PB Kicked for Blocked OS Privileges 508: 430 or BSOD under..

Dear All,

If you are running Windows XP SP2, and since downloading Punkbuster client
1.177 have being getting kicked for "Blocked O/S Privileges 508 :430" or a
Blue Screen of Death about 5 seconds after map load, then try the following:

Right click on the BF1942.exe (or any shortcut you use to it) and click
Advanced -> Run with different credentials and tick the box.

Then each time you start the game you will be asked "which user account do
you want to use to run this program". Leave current user selected (it should
be admin equivalent) and untick "protect my computer and data...." Click OK
to start the game.

This seems to be an SP2 specific issue. There may or may not be more
permanent solution.

Lorian.

Well I got to play one map and it started doing it again. Good old PB.

L.

If you get this problem try (in device manager) disabling any disk devices
that have no media present (for example ZIP drives, USB pen drives etc).
Seems to be a good workaround so far, need to do more testing though.

L.

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
> If you get this problem try (in device manager) disabling any disk devices
> that have no media present (for example ZIP drives, USB pen drives etc).
> Seems to be a good workaround so far, need to do more testing though.

I meant USB card readers, not pen drives.