How to make an enchanter cry.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

Enchanter in trade: "Fire weapon chant - 30gold"
Chimp: "Sure, throw it on this... *hands item and gold*"
Enchanter: "Are you sure you want it on this - it is only level 18?"
Chimp: "Sure, go for it"
Enchanter: "OK - it is your gold... *tink*"
Chimp: "Thanks- hey, this looks really cool... btw - what does it do?"
Enchanter: " :_( "

Rastus wrote:

> Enchanter in trade: "Fire weapon chant - 30gold"
> Chimp: "Sure, throw it on this... *hands item and gold*"
> Enchanter: "Are you sure you want it on this - it is only level 18?"
> Chimp: "Sure, go for it"
> Enchanter: "OK - it is your gold... *tink*"
> Chimp: "Thanks- hey, this looks really cool... btw - what does it do?"
> Enchanter: " :_( "

My two cents - prepare to be blacklisted on your server.

Babe Bridou wrote:
> Rastus wrote:
>
> > Enchanter in trade: "Fire weapon chant - 30gold"
> > Chimp: "Sure, throw it on this... *hands item and gold*"
> > Enchanter: "Are you sure you want it on this - it is only level 18?"
> > Chimp: "Sure, go for it"
> > Enchanter: "OK - it is your gold... *tink*"
> > Chimp: "Thanks- hey, this looks really cool... btw - what does it do?"
> > Enchanter: " :_( "
> >

> My two cents - prepare to be blacklisted on your server.

Who is to be blacklisted? And why? I can't see anything wrong here.
The enchanter made sure that the weapon was the correct one. The guy
obviously has too much gold and wasn't bothered about losing 30g to
make his weapon look cool.

steve.kaye

Rastus wrote:
> >I don't get it, can you explain why (s)he may be blacklistedon his/her
> > server?
>
> Because I use purchased gold and I don't hide the fact, well, out of game
> anyway. Only a Bridou would talk about using purchased gold in game. I just
> say "this fell off the back of a wagon... *cough*" in game when asked how I
> get stuff, for instance by my guild. They just laugh.
>
> Once the little kiddies in here started frothing at the mouth I even trolled
> them a tiny bit.

Get out of my playground, sick boy.

Rastus wrote:
> > My two cents - prepare to be blacklisted on your server.
>
> Sif. The only two things you can bank on is human stupidity and greed.

That's why you'll be reported and banned on first occasion.

If I was the enchanter I wouldn't have any problem with it. I would
say 'it adds fire damage to your weapon', and go on my merry life with
the newly acquired 30 gold

Rastus wrote:
> > Get out of my playground, sick boy.
>
> Ahh, so not only are you so stupid as to make a regular habit of feeding
> trolls but you also have delusions of grandeur as well...

stop farting words.
Repeat after me: "illusions de grandeur".

I can't hear you?

nah, I believe in everyone finding happiness however they feel like, as
long as their happiness doesn't interfere with others' happiness. I
got easy 30g, I'm happy. Someone paid $10 to get 1000g and it made him
happy, I'm happy for him :) Some chinese guy got paid 50 cents to earn
the 1000g this guy bought, and with that he can now eat... I'm happy
for him. And some chinese computerlord got $9.50 for hiring the
chinese guy, I'm happy for him too.
See, I'm a happy man

--

"Know who you are, Be what you know"
--LordSpike

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I was the enchanter I wouldn't have any problem with it. I would
> say 'it adds fire damage to your weapon', and go on my merry life with
> the newly acquired 30 gold

Ditto, Wolfing. You want it done, you got money, this is what it does, have
a great day... I don't care if they got their money from illegal stock
trades.

Banning? Huh? Who cares?

"LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't get it, can you explain why (s)he may be blacklistedon his/her
> server?

Because of his lovely attitude?
http://groups.google.ch/groups?q=rastus

More specific:
http://groups.google.ch/group/alt.games.warcraft/search?group=alt.games.warcraft&q=rastus&qt_g=1

To be honest, I don't even think this guy ever played WoW, so
there's noone to blacklist him.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> My two cents - prepare to be blacklisted on your server.

Sif. The only two things you can bank on is human stupidity and greed.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

>I don't get it, can you explain why (s)he may be blacklistedon his/her
> server?

Because I use purchased gold and I don't hide the fact, well, out of game
anyway. Only a Bridou would talk about using purchased gold in game. I just
say "this fell off the back of a wagon... *cough*" in game when asked how I
get stuff, for instance by my guild. They just laugh.

Once the little kiddies in here started frothing at the mouth I even trolled
them a tiny bit.

Babe Bridou <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My two cents - prepare to be blacklisted on your server.

Well, that was certainly a waste of two cents.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

"Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au> wrote

> Ahh, so not only are you so stupid as to make a regular habit of feeding
> trolls

Get a life. Please.

--

wolfing wrote:

> nah, I believe in everyone finding happiness however they feel like, as
> long as their happiness doesn't interfere with others' happiness. I
> got easy 30g, I'm happy. Someone paid $10 to get 1000g and it made him
> happy, I'm happy for him :) Some chinese guy got paid 50 cents to earn
> the 1000g this guy bought, and with that he can now eat... I'm happy
> for him. And some chinese computerlord got $9.50 for hiring the
> chinese guy, I'm happy for him too.
> See, I'm a happy man

Except the game isn't designed for that specific gameplay. There are
plenty of good games with real-life money = in-game money economic
models, and I'd point money buyers to these games. Go ask or discuss
these in another newsgroup and don't troll here, that's the only thing I
expect from Rastus. You choose to keep your eyes closed, fair enough.
But Rastus comes here to tempt people into participating in his playing
model. His speech is nothing but trollish spam, and has nothing to do
with ways to enjoy this game.

I advise every newcomer with decent neuronal activity to forget about
what he says or claim, for it's 1)illegal, 2)useless. I'm not even
talking about the potential harm gold farmer can bring to an in-game
economy, as there's no point in discussing it: pros will be pro, and
cons will remain cons. But as far as "illegal" and "useless" go, I'm
pretty confident that every regular poster here will agree. We bring
life to this community by enforcing fun for everyone, and to have a
newcomer buy gold is pretty much the worst failure we can do, as it's
equivalent to quitting the game as Blizzard designed it before even
playing it (and paying a hefty sum to some dubious company in the process).

So I'll fight Rastus' speech and his methods until he leaves that
precise newsgroup, for the newcomer's sake. I hope I made my point clear.

....I might even come up with funny flames, so don't killfile me right
away, I think I'm a good shot at Usenet PVP :p

Babe Bridou <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So I'll fight Rastus' speech and his methods until he leaves that
>precise newsgroup, for the newcomer's sake. I hope I made my point clear.

You certainly made a point clear, though I suspect it wasn't the one
you intended.

>I think I'm a good shot at Usenet PVP :p

I doubt it. If you had any understanding of Usenet, you would know
that your 'fight' was pointless, idiotic, ill-advised, and hopelessly
absurd.

--

Rastus wrote:
> Translated: I don't need to add a comment. Everyone knows your scraping the
> bottom of the barrel when you concentrate on speeling pedantics.

I'm curious: was the typo intentional, or just another bait?

Rastus wrote:
> Translated: I don't need to add a comment. Everyone knows your scraping the
> bottom of the barrel when you concentrate on speeling pedantics.

I wasn't correcting you as such Rastus - I was being pedantic with the
guy who was correcting you to indicate that he's not so smart either.
I hate it when there is a debate (or argument - whatever) going on and
someone resorts to picking at the quality of english in the posts and
indicating that it implies a certain lack of intelligence. It doesn't
- clever people can be bad at grammer and spelling even if English is
their first language which isn't necessarily so.

steve.kaye

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> nah, I believe in everyone finding happiness however they feel
> like, as long as their happiness doesn't interfere with others'
> happiness. I got easy 30g, I'm happy. Someone paid $10 to get
> 1000g and it made him happy, I'm happy for him :) Some chinese guy
> got paid 50 cents to earn the 1000g this guy bought, and with that
> he can now eat... I'm happy for him. And some chinese computerlord
> got $9.50 for hiring the chinese guy, I'm happy for him too.
> See, I'm a happy man

And I have friggen gold farmers where I want to grind, I'm not very
happy.

--
Doc

Lokari wrote:

> Babe Bridou <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>So I'll fight Rastus' speech and his methods until he leaves that
>>precise newsgroup, for the newcomer's sake. I hope I made my point clear.
>
> You certainly made a point clear, though I suspect it wasn't the one
> you intended.

Let's discuss it then?

>>I think I'm a good shot at Usenet PVP :p
>

> I doubt it. If you had any understanding of Usenet, you would know
> that your 'fight' was pointless, idiotic, ill-advised, and hopelessly
> absurd.

You read my mind! These are the exact four reasons why I do it.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

>> We bring life to this community by enforcing fun for everyone.

Ahaha. Can I use that as my tagline?

By the way, the term enforcement inferrs access to a source of force. Your
just a powerless pleb like the rest of us, you just don't know it yet.

Rastus wrote:

> yet.

Best quote ever. As said before, you're a genius.

Babe Bridou wrote:
> wolfing wrote:
> ...I might even come up with funny flames, so don't killfile me right
> away, I think I'm a good shot at Usenet PVP :p

You need to buy a weapon that procs a little more regularly... or at
all.

TB

TRENDING THREADS