run scheduled task manually

Can anyone tell me what the command is to manually run a scheduled
task? I created a task to run a specific program and then terminate
after 1 minute. I know you can right click on a task and select run,
but I wish to use a macro program I have. Simply running the *.job file
does nothing but ask you what program you wish to use to open the file.
I created a shortcut to the task but that doesn't work either (it just
runs the job file). I looked in the registry under JobObject but there
are no commands listed.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about scheduled task manually

    Microsoft Windows XP - Schtasks:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/schtasks.mspx

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "tblack" <toddblack@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me what the command is to manually run a scheduled
    > task? I created a task to run a specific program and then terminate
    > after 1 minute. I know you can right click on a task and select run,
    > but I wish to use a macro program I have. Simply running the *.job file
    > does nothing but ask you what program you wish to use to open the file.
    > I created a shortcut to the task but that doesn't work either (it just
    > runs the job file). I looked in the registry under JobObject but there
    > are no commands listed.
    > Thanks.

Configuration Command Prompt Customization Microsoft Windows XP