Sign in with
Your question

Problems Installin OS

Last response: in Systems
August 17, 2012 1:58:10 PM

Decided to do my first build completely on my own. Parts all got in early yesterday morning so I sat down last night to start piecing this puzzle together. My first bump in the road was my power supply. It is a bottom mount case but it doesn't seem like there is going to be much air flow so I can't decide if i want to face my supply with the fan up or down.

I decided for now to just put the supply in fan facing down and just get the build finished. Everything else was pretty much smooth sailing. I got everthing in and connected and decided to start the system and attempt to install my OS. I put my Boot disk into the DVD drive and selected boot from disk in my bios. It seems like my system is not detecting the disk however. Now I have this beautiful computer that is just sitting there. What to do?

Parts:
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB
ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Intel i5-2500 3.3GHz
Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro power supply
Western Digital AV-GP 1TB HDD SATA 6GB/s
CORSAIR Vengeance 8gb 240 pin DDR3 RAM

More about : problems installin

August 17, 2012 4:38:45 PM

Let me first say that the fan on the PS is normally inteded to SUCK air into the supply, and it exits out the back by another fan - so installing it with the fan Up would possibly take warm air from inside the case, which is not ideal.

You should mount it with the fan facing down so that it gets fresh air.
August 17, 2012 4:55:08 PM

dingo07 said:
Let me first say that the fan on the PS is normally inteded to SUCK air into the supply, and it exits out the back by another fan - so installing it with the fan Up would possibly take warm air from inside the case, which is not ideal.

You should mount it with the fan facing down so that it gets fresh air.

Thanks, that is sorta what I had thought but it just looks so much cooler to me when the fan is facing up.
!