Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is your approx. CPU load while running a high-res game??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 1, 2013 8:34:58 AM

Just the game on an average GPU like Radeon 6670/7750 GDDR5 and an anti-virus app in the background,how much does your CPU meter read??
And I'm talking games like Far Cry 3,NFS The Run in high,med-high settings...
is it normal for it to reach around 90% + ??
January 1, 2013 8:39:10 AM

1920x1080p with a 6750 and 960t it's around 80-90% on BF3. (960T is overclocked to 3.4). I'm getting a 3570k in 3.5 hours when Microcenter opens so I'm pretty excited to see how it improves my performance.
(15 FPS on medium preset for BF3 1920x1080 full screen, let's see how much better it is with the 3570k)
January 1, 2013 8:51:39 AM

Anything above 90% are signs of bottlenecking I suppose??
I thought gamers always chose AMD,intel processors are not that popular among serious gamers...
Related resources
January 1, 2013 9:04:41 AM

No, most gamers nowadays choose Intel because it is much better performance. The AMD processors now like the 6 and 8 cores don't really work in games because games usually don't even use all 6 or all 8 cores so it's basically a waste of cores. The architecture of Intel's current processors is much better than AMD's.
CPU usage won't determine bottlenecking. Bottlenecking, i think, is all about theory when trying to not bottleneck because, how are you going to know if your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU if you replace your GPU with a lower end one? It's going to be lower performance anyways because you are downgrading.
January 1, 2013 10:05:43 AM

drew13 said:
No, most gamers nowadays choose Intel because it is much better performance. The AMD processors now like the 6 and 8 cores don't really work in games because games usually don't even use all 6 or all 8 cores so it's basically a waste of cores. The architecture of Intel's current processors is much better than AMD's.
CPU usage won't determine bottlenecking. Bottlenecking, i think, is all about theory when trying to not bottleneck because, how are you going to know if your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU if you replace your GPU with a lower end one? It's going to be lower performance anyways because you are downgrading.


I guess,the new Intel processors might be faster but AMD has a lot of experience when it comes to gaming,I'm sure AMD's processors will eventually catch up...
so you're saying that even if I downgrade my GPU to the most basic ones,my CPU could still read 90+ % usage??
January 1, 2013 10:09:52 AM

What is your processor?
January 1, 2013 10:18:05 AM

drew13 said:
What is your processor?

Well I use a very average AMD Phenom 2 X2 550,max speed 3.1 Ghz but I haven't bothered overclocking it...
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:03:30 PM

Hi :) 

WHICH Gpu ?

All the best Brett :) 
January 1, 2013 1:26:08 PM

drew13 said:
1920x1080p with a 6750 and 960t it's around 80-90% on BF3. (960T is overclocked to 3.4). I'm getting a 3570k in 3.5 hours when Microcenter opens so I'm pretty excited to see how it improves my performance.
(15 FPS on medium preset for BF3 1920x1080 full screen, let's see how much better it is with the 3570k)

Your lucky. The closest store to me is miles away and I don't think it sells good stuff, just dells.
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:57:32 PM

drew13 said:
1920x1080p with a 6750 and 960t it's around 80-90% on BF3. (960T is overclocked to 3.4). I'm getting a 3570k in 3.5 hours when Microcenter opens so I'm pretty excited to see how it improves my performance.
(15 FPS on medium preset for BF3 1920x1080 full screen, let's see how much better it is with the 3570k)


Don't know if you realize this yet and this probably isn't well suited because it's not answering OPs question but you probably won't get much improvements in BF3 by upgrading to a 3570K. It's your GPU that bottlenecks the game. Of course I'm assuming this is in single player mode
January 2, 2013 1:35:43 AM

ColoredWater said:
Your lucky. The closest store to me is miles away and I don't think it sells good stuff, just dells.

stores??well I usually buy stuff online if the shoppin list is within a 100£ .... why run to stores eh....
January 2, 2013 1:38:03 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

WHICH Gpu ?

All the best Brett :) 

HD 7750 1GB GDDR5,overclocked to 850 Mhz...
!