Sign in with
Your question

Power supply

Last response: in Components
January 1, 2013 9:59:07 AM

Hello,
my dell inspiron 530 had a power supply failure and we changed it for a new one and the computer worked fine for 2 weeks, then the new power supply failed. I am wodering what made the new power supply fail. thanks

More about : power supply

a c 116 ) Power supply
January 1, 2013 10:15:13 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
The most likely cause for early PSU death (two weeks is early) is a poorly designed (or built) PSU. I won't ask what the make and model of the replacement PSU was but I will recommend replacing the PSU with one of these brands, Antec, Corsair, FSP, SeaSonic, SuperFlower or XFX. But check the reviews - this is a great site for that http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm - on any unit you're interested in buying as even within those brands, there may be 'lemons'
Hope it helps
a b ) Power supply
January 1, 2013 10:31:09 AM

C12Friedman said:
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
The most likely cause for early PSU death (two weeks is early) is a poorly designed (or built) PSU. I won't ask what the make and model of the replacement PSU was but I will recommend replacing the PSU with one of these brands, Antec, Corsair, FSP, SeaSonic, SuperFlower or XFX. But check the reviews - this is a great site for that http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm - on any unit you're interested in buying as even within those brands, there may be 'lemons'
Hope it helps

Nice link there! I'll be using that link from now on! I've been looking for a PSU database on reviews, since it's hard to find some reviews on certain models/brands. I also think that Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C, FSP are all good quality brands. I'm also betting the make/model of the PSU purchase was probably iffy at best and went out after just 2 weeks!
Related resources
a c 243 ) Power supply
January 1, 2013 10:39:02 AM

lunyone said:
Nice link there! I'll be using that link from now on! I've been looking for a PSU database on reviews, since it's hard to find some reviews on certain models/brands. I also think that Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C, FSP are all good quality brands. I'm also betting the make/model of the PSU purchase was probably iffy at best and went out after just 2 weeks!

What have you been doing Luny, hiding under a rock ?
RHTx is the brainchild of one of the members here, henry_chinaski

Happy New Year
a b ) Power supply
January 1, 2013 10:46:31 AM

delluser1 said:
What have you been doing Luny, hiding under a rock ?
RHTx is the brainchild of one of the members here, henry_chinaski

Happy New Year

Well apparently so! I have limited time to research all of the things going on, but I do try to be thorough as much as I can when referring to PSU's and such :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 1, 2013 1:08:19 PM

DUPLICATE POST
!