Q about Mage's Blink

Mel

I have gone looking through many forums but I could find nothing about a
problem I have with the Blink (transfert) spell.

When I use it, I am dazed for between 0.5 - 1.5seconds after use. (I
have a cloud of little green stars around my head)

I cannot cast a spell, I cannot run or walk at normal speed, but I can
get hit on the head! So blink isn't all that usefull for me in a fight,
especially in tight situations (indoors) where Blink would only give me
a tiny headstart...

Is this normal? I can't find anything anywhere that mentions this effect
of the Blink spell, nor anyone else complaining about this as a bug.

Anyone?

Mage, Kirin Tor

I've seen a little icon that goes for about .5 seconds after I blink
but haven't noticed any effect. I only use it as a travel speed
enhancer (till I get my horse anyway) and once in a while to escape
from problems, but haven't noticed any harmful effects

Hi,

I agree with wolfing.

I have never seen any adverse affects from using blink!

I use it with a combination of Frost Nova to give me a very good
headstart on a mob thats starting to win the fight.

Plus when fighting PVP opponents its very handy for getting out of
certain freeze affects such as the druids root thing.

Your issue does not sound correct at all. :(

that's a good explanation of what's possibly happening to you

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:57:49 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
wrote:

>I have gone looking through many forums but I could find nothing about a
>problem I have with the Blink (transfert) spell.
>
>When I use it, I am dazed for between 0.5 - 1.5seconds after use. (I
>have a cloud of little green stars around my head)
>
>I cannot cast a spell, I cannot run or walk at normal speed, but I can
>get hit on the head! So blink isn't all that usefull for me in a fight,
>especially in tight situations (indoors) where Blink would only give me
>a tiny headstart...
>
>Is this normal? I can't find anything anywhere that mentions this effect
>of the Blink spell, nor anyone else complaining about this as a bug.

Im trying to guess a bit here so tell me how far Im off:

You are fighting a mob but is losing and decides to run. You turn
around and cast Blink, but after the Blink you walk slowly for a few
seconds and have problems getting away.
Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

Many/most/all(?) mobs have the ability to "daze" you if they strike
you from behind - my guess is that you turning your back to them
allows them to daze you, and since this effect does not go away when
you Blink your escape is foiled.

My suggestion: Try using Frost Nova to root the mobs first and back
out of melee range, then turn and Blink.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

mikel

Simon Nejmann wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:57:49 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
> wrote:
>

>>I have gone looking through many forums but I could find nothing about a
>>problem I have with the Blink (transfert) spell.
>>
>>When I use it, I am dazed for between 0.5 - 1.5seconds after use. (I
>>have a cloud of little green stars around my head)
>>
>>I cannot cast a spell, I cannot run or walk at normal speed, but I can
>>get hit on the head! So blink isn't all that usefull for me in a fight,
>>especially in tight situations (indoors) where Blink would only give me
>>a tiny headstart...
>>
>>Is this normal? I can't find anything anywhere that mentions this effect
>>of the Blink spell, nor anyone else complaining about this as a bug.
>

> Im trying to guess a bit here so tell me how far Im off:
>
> You are fighting a mob but is losing and decides to run. You turn
> around and cast Blink, but after the Blink you walk slowly for a few
> seconds and have problems getting away.
> Does this sound like what you are experiencing?
>
> Many/most/all(?) mobs have the ability to "daze" you if they strike
> you from behind - my guess is that you turning your back to them
> allows them to daze you, and since this effect does not go away when
> you Blink your escape is foiled.
>
> My suggestion: Try using Frost Nova to root the mobs first and back
> out of melee range, then turn and Blink.

Good plan, except if possible strafe sideways out of range rather than
back away; backing is 70% speed, strafing is 100%.