All Programs List

Hi there,
I recently dragged Windows Media Player from the All Programs listing onto
the desktop, not realizing that it would be moved and not copied. I couldn't
find anything in help in order to get it back on the All Programs Listing.
Can this be done? MyPC runs Win98SE but this is my spouse's PC (WinXP Home)
so I'd like to get it back to the way it was. Thanks very much for any help!
Paul.
2 answers Last reply
More about programs list

    Right click on the icon for windows media player, select cut, then right
    click on the start button, select "open", then you'll see a folder
    "Programs". Go in there, right click and "paste". Done.

    "Bassey" <Bassey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I recently dragged Windows Media Player from the All Programs listing onto
    > the desktop, not realizing that it would be moved and not copied. I
    > couldn't
    > find anything in help in order to get it back on the All Programs Listing.
    > Can this be done? MyPC runs Win98SE but this is my spouse's PC (WinXP
    > Home)
    > so I'd like to get it back to the way it was. Thanks very much for any
    > help!
    > Paul.

    I sort of got in that area earlier on but got lost. Thanks very much!

    "Sonic Intuition" wrote:

    > Right click on the icon for windows media player, select cut, then right
    > click on the start button, select "open", then you'll see a folder
    > "Programs". Go in there, right click and "paste". Done.
    >
    > "Bassey" <Bassey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > > I recently dragged Windows Media Player from the All Programs listing onto
    > > the desktop, not realizing that it would be moved and not copied. I
    > > couldn't
    > > find anything in help in order to get it back on the All Programs Listing.
    > > Can this be done? MyPC runs Win98SE but this is my spouse's PC (WinXP
    > > Home)
    > > so I'd like to get it back to the way it was. Thanks very much for any
    > > help!
    > > Paul.

Configuration Customization Windows XP