I removed (manually, as the uninstaller was not able to do it) McAfee
Firewall from my pc and installed Zone Alarm Suite, but Security Center
keeps to tell me "one of the firewalls installed is working".
I would like to make Windows understand there is just a firewall installed
and working. Is there the way? Which Registry Keys do I remove?

Thanks in Advance.
--
Xenophaw

peter

If you have SP2 then you should turn off Windows Firewall.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
> If you have SP2 then you should turn off Windows Firewall.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message
>>I removed (manually, as the uninstaller was not able to do it) McAfee
>>Firewall from my pc and installed Zone Alarm Suite, but Security Center
>>keeps to tell me "one of the firewalls installed is working".
>> I would like to make Windows understand there is just a firewall
>> installed and working. Is there the way? Which Registry Keys do I remove?
>>

>> Thanks in Advance.
>> --
>> Xenophaw

I already done it. The problem seems that Windows continues to see McAfee
Firewall because some registry keys or files I was not able to remove
(because I didn't know they were of McAfee Firewall).

peter

It would have been best answered at the McAfee Help Forum, but try reading
here about manually uninstalling it..
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq.asp?frames=1&docid=71501&CategoryId=88260&chat=

--

> "Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
>> If you have SP2 then you should turn off Windows Firewall.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Home SP2
>> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
>> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message
>>>I removed (manually, as the uninstaller was not able to do it) McAfee
>>>Firewall from my pc and installed Zone Alarm Suite, but Security Center
>>>keeps to tell me "one of the firewalls installed is working".
>>> I would like to make Windows understand there is just a firewall
>>> installed and working. Is there the way? Which Registry Keys do I
>>> remove?
>>>

>>> Thanks in Advance.
>>> --
>>> Xenophaw
>>>

> I already done it. The problem seems that Windows continues to see McAfee
> Firewall because some registry keys or files I was not able to remove
> (because I didn't know they were of McAfee Firewall).

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:21:59 -0400, "Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT
ca> wrote:

> It would have been best answered at the McAfee Help Forum, but try reading
> here about manually uninstalling it..
> http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq.asp?frames=1&docid=71501&CategoryId=88260&chat=

I removed all things McAfee via Add/Remove Programs and it hasn't come
back to haunt me. I'm happily back with e-Trust now.

"Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
> It would have been best answered at the McAfee Help Forum, but try reading
> here about manually uninstalling it..
> http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq.asp?frames=1&docid=71501&CategoryId=88260&chat=
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
>>> If you have SP2 then you should turn off Windows Firewall.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Toronto, Canada
>>> XP Home SP2
>>> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
>>> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message

>> I already done it. The problem seems that Windows continues to see McAfee
>> Firewall because some registry keys or files I was not able to remove
>> (because I didn't know they were of McAfee Firewall).

Neither what they suggest to do worked. I found there are some registry keys
(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring) used by the security
center to check which firewalls and antiviruses monitor, but until now I has
not been able to use them for my purpose.
Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
--
Xenophaw

peter

Apart from removing everything "McAfee" and "Network Associates" from the
registry I'm out of suggestions. Did you have any other McAfee products
installed? Did you also remove McAfee Security Center after removing other
components?
I suggest you post at http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/

--

> "Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
>> It would have been best answered at the McAfee Help Forum, but try
>> reading here about manually uninstalling it..
>> http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq.asp?frames=1&docid=71501&CategoryId=88260&chat=
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Home SP2
>> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
>> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message

>>> I already done it. The problem seems that Windows continues to see
>>> McAfee Firewall because some registry keys or files I was not able to
>>> remove (because I didn't know they were of McAfee Firewall).
>>>

> Neither what they suggest to do worked. I found there are some registry
> keys
> (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring) used by the security
> center to check which firewalls and antiviruses monitor, but until now I
> has
> not been able to use them for my purpose.
> Any help is welcome.
>

> Thanks.
> --
> Xenophaw

"Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
> Apart from removing everything "McAfee" and "Network Associates" from the
> registry I'm out of suggestions. Did you have any other McAfee products
> installed? Did you also remove McAfee Security Center after removing
> other components?
> I suggest you post at http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter" <pmcsplaza AT yahoo DOT ca> wrote:
>>> It would have been best answered at the McAfee Help Forum, but try
>>> reading here about manually uninstalling it..
>>> http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq.asp?frames=1&docid=71501&CategoryId=88260&chat=
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Toronto, Canada
>>> XP Home SP2
>>> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb RAM
>>> "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote in message

>> Neither what they suggest to do worked. I found there are some registry
>> keys
>> (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring) used by the security
>> center to check which firewalls and antiviruses monitor, but until now I
>> has
>> not been able to use them for my purpose.
>> Any help is welcome.
>>

>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Xenophaw

I removed also the McAfee Security Center and all the registry keys about
McAfee, but that doesn't work. Reading a post from another newsgroup, it
seems a problem common to others firewalls / antiviruses brands. Actually,
to me seems just a Windows problem that I would like to resolve.

Thanks for your help.
--
Xenophaw

peter