A10-5800k + a good temporary GPU ??

AdamsBC

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys, A10-5800k + GPU(radeon 7850's price range)....I know sounds stupid, but hear me out.

I'm building a temporary PC for school, some vid editing and light gaming. After 6 + months, I plan to build a gaming rig and give this one (the A10-5800k) to my mom or gf.

My question is, could I put a good GPU in this (A10-5800k) rig that I would latter use in my gaming rig so I could play some better games in the meanwhile??

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Unless you got an FM2 MB, DON'T! You'll do better getting the FX-6300. Your not even planning to use the IGPU, so why even bother with trinity? 6300 would be better with your video editing anyway. It just isn't worth the investment for the A10 with your plans.

I hope you get some more answers. Maybe someone can change my mind (doubtful).

AdamsBC

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

I thing it's a good investment. I need a new PC now and my gf is also going to need a new PC, so after 6 months I'll give her mine and build myself a much superior one. I just want better graphics during these 6 months so I was thinking about a separate GPU that I would remove(put in my superior rig or sell) before giving the PC to my gf cause the integrated graphics are more then enough for her.

pat

Expert
Sound like a good plan to me. the A10 will make a nice system for your girlfriend with integrated graphic. Reusing your video card in your new system is quite possible

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Alternatively, you could build the system you really want right now and put together a second system for your gf 6 months down the road. You'd have the better system for those those 6 months, but you would obviously be spending more now. If you're waiting on some cash inflow, then your plan sounds good to me.

AdamsBC

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Yes exactly, people react to APU systems as if they're the plague. But the more I think about it the more I think it's an awesome system for a user like my gf. And meanwhile I really need a PC and I can't really afford to put a proper rig together so... yea thank you for agreeing with me lol.

AdamsBC

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Light are the wallets of those who walk on the path of APU.

pat

Expert

Lot's of peoples react, but not has actually used them. I've built a few system with APU and for average system, they are more than adequate. I bet you'll be surprised at how well they run. For some time,listening to critics, it looks like anything AMD has done is wrong, but not the APU for budget.

TRENDING THREADS