Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A10-5800k + a good temporary GPU ??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 1, 2013 1:57:30 PM

Hey guys, A10-5800k + GPU(radeon 7850's price range)....I know sounds stupid, but hear me out.

I'm building a temporary PC for school, some vid editing and light gaming. After 6 + months, I plan to build a gaming rig and give this one (the A10-5800k) to my mom or gf.


My question is, could I put a good GPU in this (A10-5800k) rig that I would latter use in my gaming rig so I could play some better games in the meanwhile??
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 3:32:05 PM

Unless you got an FM2 MB, DON'T! You'll do better getting the FX-6300. Your not even planning to use the IGPU, so why even bother with trinity? 6300 would be better with your video editing anyway. It just isn't worth the investment for the A10 with your plans.

I hope you get some more answers. Maybe someone can change my mind (doubtful).
January 1, 2013 4:08:55 PM

m32 said:
Unless you got an FM2 MB, DON'T! You'll do better getting the FX-6300. Your not even planning to use the IGPU, so why even bother with trinity? 6300 would be better with your video editing anyway. It just isn't worth the investment for the A10 with your plans.

I hope you get some more answers. Maybe someone can change my mind (doubtful).


I thing it's a good investment. I need a new PC now and my gf is also going to need a new PC, so after 6 months I'll give her mine and build myself a much superior one. I just want better graphics during these 6 months so I was thinking about a separate GPU that I would remove(put in my superior rig or sell) before giving the PC to my gf cause the integrated graphics are more then enough for her.
Related resources
January 1, 2013 4:28:07 PM

Sound like a good plan to me. the A10 will make a nice system for your girlfriend with integrated graphic. Reusing your video card in your new system is quite possible
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 4:39:03 PM

Alternatively, you could build the system you really want right now and put together a second system for your gf 6 months down the road. You'd have the better system for those those 6 months, but you would obviously be spending more now. If you're waiting on some cash inflow, then your plan sounds good to me.
January 1, 2013 4:59:52 PM

pat said:
Sound like a good plan to me. the A10 will make a nice system for your girlfriend with integrated graphic. Reusing your video card in your new system is quite possible


Yes exactly, people react to APU systems as if they're the plague. But the more I think about it the more I think it's an awesome system for a user like my gf. And meanwhile I really need a PC and I can't really afford to put a proper rig together so... yea thank you for agreeing with me lol.
January 1, 2013 5:06:25 PM

AM2A said:
Alternatively, you could build the system you really want right now and put together a second system for your gf 6 months down the road. You'd have the better system for those those 6 months, but you would obviously be spending more now. If you're waiting on some cash inflow, then your plan sounds good to me.


Light are the wallets of those who walk on the path of APU.
January 1, 2013 5:30:42 PM

AdamsBC said:
Yes exactly, people react to APU systems as if they're the plague. But the more I think about it the more I think it's an awesome system for a user like my gf. And meanwhile I really need a PC and I can't really afford to put a proper rig together so... yea thank you for agreeing with me lol.



Lot's of peoples react, but not has actually used them. I've built a few system with APU and for average system, they are more than adequate. I bet you'll be surprised at how well they run. For some time,listening to critics, it looks like anything AMD has done is wrong, but not the APU for budget.
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 8:32:23 PM

What country do you live in?
a c 104 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
January 1, 2013 8:35:50 PM

I built one for my roomie last year for his bday with an AMD APU chip in it and he can play the light games he plays on it no problem and watch HD videos, so he's more than happy.
!