Should I get ZALMAN CNPS20LQ Liquid Cooling or Noctua nh-d14 air

rrr159

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Im building a new computer with i7 3770k and plan to overclock. I was wondering which one was better if noise and price were not an issue (they are an issue if the cooling is more than 95 USD). also is there any one better than this?

Thank you

Solution
I wouldn't buy a big CPU cooler, most of them (specially the noctua coolers) are complete aesthetics killers and they weight about 2-3 lbs and that puts a LOT of pressure to your motherboard and if it not correctly place or its PBC board is not very thick it will bent (and damage it) over time.

The CNPS20LQ is not a very good liquid cooler... most closed liquid coolers suck or are not worth the price so you have to be careful when you buy them.

My recommendations for a closed loop loquid cooler are: Corsair H100+ fan replacement or Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I wouldn't buy a big CPU cooler, most of them (specially the noctua coolers) are complete aesthetics killers and they weight about 2-3 lbs and that puts a LOT of pressure to your motherboard and if it not correctly place or its PBC board is not very thick it will bent (and damage it) over time.

The CNPS20LQ is not a very good liquid cooler... most closed liquid coolers suck or are not worth the price so you have to be careful when you buy them.

My recommendations for a closed loop loquid cooler are: Corsair H100+ fan replacement or Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme

Solution