Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Rate the PC i am going to buy

Last response: in Systems
August 17, 2012 9:15:31 PM

So yeah i finally decided to build my own PC its hopefully a gaming PC that will be able to run most games at highest settings with high FPS anyway since i don't know almost anything i used Google and did my research and this is what i came up with:

Hard-drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 S,L
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V10
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
VGA Card: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: AMD Fx-8150
Ram: 2xTeam Elite 8GB 1333MHz DDR3(that makes it 16gb ram,right?)

so yeah before you point out any mistakes starting a sentence saying "YOU IDIOT...." i say again that i have no experience in this what so ever i don't know if these pieces would fit together anyway in the end i would like to say thanks in advance :) 

More about : rate buy

Best solution

August 17, 2012 9:25:17 PM

Don't need 850W power supply, that card is fine with 500W. make sure your PSU is 80 plus certified. BIG mistake to get a non 80 plus PSU. You also don't need more than 8GB of RAM unless you know for sure that the software you will be using can utilize more than that. Games can't. I suggest you go Intel for the CPU but it's your choice. How much are you paying for this build?

AsRock is a good brand, I use their Mobo myself but don't get anything from their driver CD other then the LAN driver. It's filled with tons of useless bloatware and there X-Fast 5-5-5 BS is nothing but crap that will clog up your system.

Also I just looked into that processor and realized it's 8 core, completely useless from a gaming perspective. You'd be better off getting a Z77 motherboard and an I5-3570k, this will be more expensive then the AMD setup but from the money you will save from getting a weaker PSU and RAM it should balance out mostly.
August 17, 2012 9:35:21 PM

first of all thanks for the answer

anyway i thought 850w was too much as well but i just needed to check.

the ram i plan on using it for gaming and emulating not so much programs tbh so i guess 8gb ram is fine?

as for the CPU i dunno i think i prefer AMD for some reason mainly because i read some where that it goes with the Mobo and VGA card i am going to buy,but if Intel is gonna be better then i'd prefer it

since i live in egypt where things are REALLY expensive like x6 more times expensive then in European/American countries this is sadly gonna cost me 6500+ egyptian pounds which should be cheaper in Euros or Dollars

Edit: Well since i don't know much about this stuff i think i will go with what you suggested i am searching for the new stuff right now
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 9:50:32 PM

You need to get an 1155 socket Mobo to use to modern Intel CPUs. If you are on a tighter budget, I suggest getting a sandy bridge I5-2310 or an ivy bridge I5-3450. You won't be able to overclock these CPUs, but they will still get you going. If you do choose a locked CPU, get a B75 board instead of a Z77.

The AMD GPUs work perfectly fine with Intel CPU's. You can also chose a 6870 which is more a budget option then the 7850. The 6870 is still a good enough card to run a lot of games on high settings.

All in all it just depends on your total budget.
m
l
August 17, 2012 10:03:25 PM

Mastashake15 said:
You need to get an 1155 socket Mobo to use to modern Intel CPUs. If you are on a tighter budget, I suggest getting a sandy bridge I5-2310 or an ivy bridge I5-3450. You won't be able to overclock these CPUs, but they will still get you going. If you do choose a locked CPU, get a B75 board instead of a Z77.

The AMD GPUs work perfectly fine with Intel CPU's. You can also chose a 6870 which is more a budget option then the 7850. The 6870 is still a good enough card to run a lot of games on high settings.

All in all it just depends on your total budget.

Since my budget isn't really limited i guess i will keep the VGA card and choose the Z77 Mobo set

anyway thanks for the info yet again
m
l
August 17, 2012 10:36:00 PM

Best answer selected by MSManiac.
m
l
!