Can't find proper newsgroup

Hi All!

Please point me to an appropriate (active) microsoft.public newsgroup
if no one has a clue how to respond to my problem.

Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
but going to Users only gives me the option to ADD users. How on
earth can I get rid of it? Is this a job for TweakUI?

TIA
sf
<who is not comfortable with editing the registry>
5 answers Last reply
More about find proper newsgroup

    SF,
    Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
    believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All!
    >
    > Please point me to an appropriate (active) microsoft.public newsgroup
    > if no one has a clue how to respond to my problem.
    >
    > Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
    > but going to Users only gives me the option to ADD users. How on
    > earth can I get rid of it? Is this a job for TweakUI?
    >
    > TIA
    > sf
    > <who is not comfortable with editing the registry>

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:25:20 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
    <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

    > SF,
    > Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
    > believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

    thanks....
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"

    Not sure if that was meant for me... but I did try Googling for this
    information.

    Be real careful using TweakUI in Win98 & ME
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:25:20 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
    <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

    > SF,
    > Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
    > believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

    thanks....
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"

    Not sure if that was meant for me... but I did try Googling for this
    information.

    Yes, TweakUI has a section Logon|Autologon

    I have version 2.10.0.0
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:45:38 +1000, Trevor L. wrote:

    > Yes, TweakUI has a section Logon|Autologon
    >
    > I have version 2.10.0.0

    thanks!

Configuration Newsgroup Microsoft Customization Windows XP