Can't find proper newsgroup

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

Hi All!

Please point me to an appropriate (active) microsoft.public newsgroup
if no one has a clue how to respond to my problem.

Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
but going to Users only gives me the option to ADD users. How on
earth can I get rid of it? Is this a job for TweakUI?

TIA
sf
<who is not comfortable with editing the registry>

SF,
Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All!
>
> Please point me to an appropriate (active) microsoft.public newsgroup
> if no one has a clue how to respond to my problem.
>
> Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
> but going to Users only gives me the option to ADD users. How on
> earth can I get rid of it? Is this a job for TweakUI?
>
> TIA
> sf
> <who is not comfortable with editing the registry>

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:25:20 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
<Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

> SF,
> Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
> believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

thanks....
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>
> http://www.google.com
> Google is your "Friend"

Not sure if that was meant for me... but I did try Googling for this
information.

Be real careful using TweakUI in Win98 & ME
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp

--
Good Day
River Rat

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:25:20 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
<Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

> SF,
> Yes, but be sure you download a Win9x version of TweakUI (v1.33 I
> believe) and the newer versions are for 2k/XP (NT) OS's.

thanks....
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>
> http://www.google.com
> Google is your "Friend"

Not sure if that was meant for me... but I did try Googling for this
information.

Yes, TweakUI has a section Logon|Autologon

I have version 2.10.0.0
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

sf wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Please point me to an appropriate (active) microsoft.public newsgroup
> if no one has a clue how to respond to my problem.
>
> Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
> but going to Users only gives me the option to ADD users. How on
> earth can I get rid of it? Is this a job for TweakUI?
>
> TIA
> sf
> <who is not comfortable with editing the registry>

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:45:38 +1000, Trevor L. wrote:

> Yes, TweakUI has a section Logon|Autologon
>
> I have version 2.10.0.0

thanks!