Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 28, 2012 11:31:02 PM

Hi guys...
How does the PS3 3D display stack up against the BenQ 2420TX...

I am planning a build with

2x GTX 670
3570k
8GB DDR3 1866
x2 256 SSD in RAID 0
2TB HDD
550D case

thanks and what are your opinions

I would like 100FPS 3D with modern games at high/ultra settings.

More about : gtx 670

June 28, 2012 11:55:17 PM

looks fine to me. depending on what games you're playing you should be able to pull 100fps, easily. probably on some current games too.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 28, 2012 11:57:30 PM

you should be able to max at least 100fps no problem on 2D

now, are you aware that using active 3D effectively cuts your fps in half because your monitor/TV will be displaying different frames to each eye? so effectively, you'll be playing the game at 50fps per eye in 3D. if you're one of those people who's very sensitive to frame rates, this may be an issue
m
0
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 12:06:28 AM

vmem said:
you should be able to max at least 100fps no problem on 2D

now, are you aware that using active 3D effectively cuts your fps in half because your monitor/TV will be displaying different frames to each eye? so effectively, you'll be playing the game at 50fps per eye in 3D. if you're one of those people who's very sensitive to frame rates, this may be an issue


what config would boost up the 3D fps??
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2012 12:09:08 AM

whatismyproblem said:
what config would boost up the 3D fps??


you can't... a modern 3D monitor's refresh rate is 120hz, so you're capped at 120fps. run that on active 3D and you're capped at 60fps. there's nothing you can do to raise that
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 10:07:55 AM

do non-3D 120hz 2560x1440 displays exist??
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2012 10:38:41 AM

Yes
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 10:50:15 AM

whatismyproblem said:
Hi guys...
How does the PS3 3D display stack up against the BenQ 2420TX...

I am planning a build with

2x GTX 670
3570k
8GB DDR3 1866
x2 256 SSD in RAID 0
2TB HDD
550D case

thanks and what are your opinions

I would like 100FPS 3D with modern games at high/ultra settings.


Was hitting 120fps with 670gtx sli and i5-3570k in 720p on BF3 with 4MSAA and ultra and the card where defect. So I guess that you could hit an effective 60fps in 3d with such a set-up easely.

But personaly I hate the current 3d tech thats why I'm going for 3x 2560x1440p monitor. I own one and will buy the 2 other in about a month :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzTyuK98s4
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 7:21:13 PM

venur said:
Was hitting 120fps with 670gtx sli and i5-3570k in 720p on BF3 with 4MSAA and ultra and the card where defect. So I guess that you could hit an effective 60fps in 3d with such a set-up easely.

But personaly I hate the current 3d tech thats why I'm going for 3x 2560x1440p monitor. I own one and will buy the 2 other in about a month :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzTyuK98s4


Do you know of a non-3D 2560x1440 panel that will do 120hz??

I do not feel confident in buying a catleap....
m
0
l
!