Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade Help

Last response: in Systems
August 17, 2012 10:16:27 PM

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detai... this is the pc i have i pulled out that back plate and after that it stopped working what should i add into it looking at AMD 6670 or 5770 and Intel G530 and new motherboard also PSU and ram looking at 4GB what should i get?

More about : upgrade

August 17, 2012 11:20:03 PM

what are you going to be using the computer for?
m
l
August 18, 2012 12:11:16 AM

" i have i pulled out that back plate and after that it stopped working" ???

Aside the pointer to you prodcut page gave a lot of options. What do you have ?
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2012 1:35:25 AM

tsnor said:
" i have i pulled out that back plate and after that it stopped working" ???

Aside the pointer to you prodcut page gave a lot of options. What do you have ?

You know where the PCi 1X slots are at where those back plates are removable i pulled those out and it broke fan on cpu still spins cd drive can open but power button on the front does not light up only light that comes on its cd drive light any idea
m
l
August 18, 2012 1:37:34 AM

trainmaster2000 said:
what are you going to be using the computer for?

Gaming of course
m
l
August 18, 2012 2:20:04 AM

Jasonhunterx said:
You know where the PCi 1X slots are at where those back plates are removable i pulled those out and it broke fan on cpu still spins cd drive can open but power button on the front does not light up only light that comes on its cd drive light any idea

At a guess you accidentally knocked off a wire while the case was open and your hand was in moving things around to free the slot.

Open case again, look at power button from behind. It should have wires coming from it. Trace the wires. One should be plugged into the power on header on the MB. (You know this is true if the power button still works) The other is power to the light ? If not see if you can tell where the light used to come from.

edit: you description is really hard to follow. Maybe you can slow down, do short choppy sentences. Like. Plug PC in. Hit on button. PC disks start to spin. PC starts normally. Light that used to be on the front is not on. The only thing different than usual is one light is not coming on that used to come on.
m
l
August 18, 2012 3:14:10 PM

tsnor said:
At a guess you accidentally knocked off a wire while the case was open and your hand was in moving things around to free the slot.

Open case again, look at power button from behind. It should have wires coming from it. Trace the wires. One should be plugged into the power on header on the MB. (You know this is true if the power button still works) The other is power to the light ? If not see if you can tell where the light used to come from.

edit: you description is really hard to follow. Maybe you can slow down, do short choppy sentences. Like. Plug PC in. Hit on button. PC disks start to spin. PC starts normally. Light that used to be on the front is not on. The only thing different than usual is one light is not coming on that used to come on.

Every Wire seems to be plugged in the computer seems to not need the power button to power on once i plug in the power cable fans spin cd drive light goes on not really sure what is going on
m
l
!