Double Router Port Forwarding

jjc

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to forward ports for Terraria. I got it to work correctly with one router, but I need to forward through two routers. The router connected to my modem is a Linksys WRT120N (192.168.1.1), which is connected to a D-Link EBR-2310 (192.168.0.1). I need to forward a port from a computer connected to the D-Link.

Modem -> Linksys -> D-Link -> Computer.

The ip of the computer is a static 192.168.0.78.

I assume I'd forward the ports normally for the D-Link, but I'm not sure how to continue the forwarding through the Linksys.

My knowledge in this area is a bit limited, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
Disable everything on the D-Link. no WAN I.P, firewall, SPI DHCP, WMM etc etc so it acts as a dumb wireless switch. Connect LAN port 1 of D-Link to Linksys LAN port.

In the D-Link LAN settings, give it ..

I.P = 192.168.1.2
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Gatewy/DNS = 192.168.1.1

Everybody is on the same I.P/subnet range and your Linksys should just forward straight through the D-Link.

I know this works, as I have a Netgear connected to my ISP and a D-Link providing wireless-G access for older laptops and blackberry's.
Disable everything on the D-Link. no WAN I.P, firewall, SPI DHCP, WMM etc etc so it acts as a dumb wireless switch. Connect LAN port 1 of D-Link to Linksys LAN port.

In the D-Link LAN settings, give it ..

I.P = 192.168.1.2
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Gatewy/DNS = 192.168.1.1

Everybody is on the same I.P/subnet range and your Linksys should just forward straight through the D-Link.

I know this works, as I have a Netgear connected to my ISP and a D-Link providing wireless-G access for older laptops and blackberry's.

Solution