Strange "ZOOOM" sound from PC and shuts off

fallymassacre

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I'm getting tired of fixing this darn thing.

so this after noon i was playing a game, and all of a sudden randomly my monitor kept telling me there's no signal and my PC was still on, i have to manually turn it off and on again holding the power button on the front of the case, and then it works fine again, OK well then i did that this last time (4th time) and for some reason it was working perfectly after about 5 minutes and a system restore i started up a game and all of a sudden i heard this very loud "Zooom" sound and knowing how fast it was it sounded like a jet engine spinning up. and the monitor showed "No Signal" again.

afraid of turning it back on again.

i just got a new power supply from a repair guy about a week ago.

PC Specs:

GTX 550ti (1 year

Intel Pentium g860 3.0ghz (month old)

Biostar TZ68A+ MOBO (5 months old

new diablotek 600 watt power supply. (4 days old)

fallymassacre

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

My other power supply i had was a coolmax 650 watt and it blew itself out. and i'm still having this problem.

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Buy a name brand PSU, you never ever cheap out on a PSU, it is the single most important component for a desktop. Buy one from Corsair, XFX, SeaSonic, OCZ, even Thermaltake is okay. If you buy another cheap one, you better slap yourself in the face because that's gonna happen.

fallymassacre

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
It wasn't me who selected the power supply, i took it to a repair person who helped me and is the only one who can really help me at all. only because I've had so many problems with it my dad won't let me do it myself. good thing about it is that i have a 1 year warranty on the power supply, except i still probably won't be able to choose it. so i don't know what i'm going to do from here. and i still haven't told anyone about this until tommarow so lol

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Tell your dad you got some professional advice online and see if he'll let you get a new one. Right now Corsair has 500W PSUs on sale for 40$, and 600W for 60$ - you want to get this ASAP.

fallymassacre

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I've already spent way too much on this supposedly 500$ rig, i've gone through 2 cpus, 2 power supplies. 1 mother board a hard drive and 9 4gb memory dims. about over 3k mostly. so he may or may not budge here. but i'll give it a shot.