Sign in with
Your question

CPU for Video Editing

Last response: in CPUs
November 7, 2012 10:40:25 PM

I am looking into building my own computer for Video Renedering in Sony Vegas and Livestreaming in HD with Xsplit. Im not doing 3d work just 1080p video in H264 format. I also do a bit of gaming in LoL and SC2. Recomendations?

More about : cpu video editing

November 10, 2012 10:14:47 AM

For editing and rendering, you want a CPU with a descent amount of cores.. At least 4 but aim for 6-8 cores even if you can only afford 8 threads, its worth it.. also, high performance ram, and at least 8gb.

for sony vegas rendering, you can utilise your graphics card aswell so its a good idea to have at least a half descent gpu
m
l
November 10, 2012 6:01:36 PM

Yeah Ive been looking around and it says on the vegas website you need an opencl gpu. I dont know what to look for though. My budget for the build is $900 with an OS. Do I need a sound card?
m
l
Related resources
November 11, 2012 1:13:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah Ive been looking around and it says on the vegas website you need an opencl gpu. I dont know what to look for though. My budget for the build is $900 with an OS. Do I need a sound card?

you dont need a soundcard, motherboards have perfectly fine onboard sound.. and you only really benefit from a soundcard if your spending over $50.. Plus you have to have good enough speakers or headphones..

when looking for a graphics card with open gl, do a google search and find the specs of the card.. for example the gtx 560 ti scroll down to 'feature support' and there you go, it suppports openGL, infact open GL 4.1 :) 

dont feel you need to buy a card like this for openGL theres lots of cheaper ones that also support it :D 
m
l
December 31, 2012 11:06:13 PM

For a CPU,try going with AMD with there FX-8120 8 core processor since it goes alot faster compared to Intel's Core I7 in creative processes like Video Rendering and such,plus alot more affordable compared to Intel's processors
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 9:24:29 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Applications to section CPU & Components by Proximon
m
l
!