warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So I am planning to make a build. I going to put ** to make some parts VERY important okay? So here is my build so far.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
ASUS Socket AM3+ - Hybrid Crossfire Integrated Graphics Support AMD 760G DDR3 1600 Micro ATX Motherboards M5A78L-M LX
HIS Radeon HD 6870 IceQ X 1GB
Corsair 8gb
GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)
Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX 700 CMPSU-600CXV2
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX

**Budget is $500-$550, must be from amazon or newegg, free shipping, and can it run games like GTA IV, Just Cause 2, and BF3 on high? Oh and can they all fit in the case, and are they all compatible.**

^THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. YOU HAVE TO ANSWER. Many times I have asked these forums and for some reason, they never answer them. **STAY IN THE $500-$550 RANGE**.

Solution
Yea, don't do that. Max Collodi is absolutely right. Assuming it does work in the first place, the motherboard will likely have a very short lifespan, as running a higher than supported TDP CPU burns stuff up... Literally

Also, you should try to keep your questions to one thread, I didn't realize that board was a 95watt TDP, although you will notice in your other thread I suggested to you a couple very decent motherboards to pair with that CPU.
Yea, don't do that. Max Collodi is absolutely right. Assuming it does work in the first place, the motherboard will likely have a very short lifespan, as running a higher than supported TDP CPU burns stuff up... Literally

Also, you should try to keep your questions to one thread, I didn't realize that board was a 95watt TDP, although you will notice in your other thread I suggested to you a couple very decent motherboards to pair with that CPU.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

The 760 is so old that it will recognize newer CPUs but it's better if you go with a 970 or 990FX.

I'd suggest an i3-2120 and H77 but I'm told either CPU will work. Otherwise everything else looks good.

g-unit1111

Titan

Actually I can relate to my own experience in that I was using a 1055T with a 870 chipset and the wattages did not mix. I got CPU temperature read errors left and right and eventually lost the whole build as a result.

Yea, and run it for a couple more years and watch the mosfets burn up. :eek: