Sign in with
Your question

Need help with semi-random computer freezing/crashing!

Last response: in Systems
August 18, 2012 3:06:24 AM

Hey guys, I just built this system about a 2 months and I have a major problem that has been happening since. My system freezes while playing games, watching media, etc. By freezing I mean the monitor itself literally becomes a photo, peripherals become unresponsive (mouse, keyboard, speakers) and I then have to perform a hard shutdown. When this occurs, the components in my tower are still on and spinning like the case fans, motherboard led lights, cpu cooler, etc. I know it isn't an overheating problem because the tower (Haf X) never feels warm to touch. I also ran a few stress tests on the hardware with prime95/3dmark, monitored the temperatures and everything went fine. This happens about everyday and I just want it to stop. :fou: 

I appreciate any input on the problem because I'm completely lost!

(Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum to post system problems)
August 18, 2012 5:12:25 AM

Update the drivers for your video card and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help can you list your componants? Specificaly the ram, CPU, GPU, mobo and PSU.
August 18, 2012 6:31:32 AM

trapper said:
Update the drivers for your video card and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help can you list your componants? Specificaly the ram, CPU, GPU, mobo and PSU.

I don't have a dedicated video card yet, just an integrated intel gpu (hd 4000). My cpu is a Intel core i5 3570k, hd 4000 integrated intel graphics, gigabyte ud5h motherboard,Corsair vengeance low profile 8gb and corsair tx750 v2 psu. I'm sure my drivers are up to date, but who knows.
Related resources
August 18, 2012 7:04:48 AM

trapper said:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

Check that to see if your drivers are up to date.

Also, check your event viewer to see if you can get some info on the crash (start button and type "even viewer").

My drivers are up to date, and where should I look in the event viewer?
!