Motherboard VGA/Intel Graphics Problems.

G

Hello! I recently built a new system (first build) and I have everything running fine, except for a few things.
I have a Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard, a Core i5 3550, and a MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570.
This may be a noob question, but I have searched on the internet for an answer and have not found it.
So here it is: My motherboard's VGA plug does not work. The Intel VGA HD Graphics driver will not install, as it says "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software."
How can I fix this? It is a matter with the motherboard? Do I need the Intel HD graphics software?

does your motherboard's other monitor output plugs work? there really shouldn't be an issue with the VGA output... I would call gigabyte support and probably prepare to do an RMA/return

EDIT: somehow I missed the fact that you have an MSI 570 installed. yeah, the mobo probably automatically turned off the onboard gpu. may I ask why you want to plug a monitor into the mobo's VGA when you have a 570?

G

Most thanks! It had indeed been disabled in the bios, undisabled it and have two monitors, one on the 570 and the other on Intel Graphics. Thanks again!

G

Yeah, I didn't have enough cables for the DVI input, and no HDMI compatible monitors. So I have a DVI to VGA adapter on the 570 and a standard VGA on the mobo.

ahh, well, I'm glad that it worked out. anyway, just be careful dragging things between your two monitors since one's running off of integrated!

if you're living in the US, you can find a DVI to VGA adaptor for really cheap. for example, this guy's less than 2 bucks and ships free
http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Connectland-CL-ADA31002-Female-Adapter/dp/B002R0DZXU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341034649&sr=8-2&keywords=dvi+to+vga