Sign in with
Your question

How much will i get from crossfire 6850?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 29, 2012 4:55:34 AM

im wondering how much better performance i can get with two hd 6850's instead of just one. i have a phenom x4 9950 cpu and 1 6850. i have a 650 watt ocz power supply. i want to run gmes like skyrim and bf3 at highest settings with 50 - 60 fps. i watch my cpu usage in both games and its extremely high. is that my bottleneck? or is my video card?

More about : crossfire 6850

June 29, 2012 5:00:51 AM

That's a pretty old CPU - it's a bottleneck and should be the first thing that you upgrade. I doubt you'd see much performance improvement adding another 6850 on that weak of a CPU.

Upgrade to a sandy/ivy bridge setup (or some sort of overclocked Faildozer Bulldozer/Phenom II setup if you are a big AMD fan) and then think about upgrading your GPU :) 
m
l
June 29, 2012 2:43:59 PM

BigMack70 said:
That's a pretty old CPU - it's a bottleneck and should be the first thing that you upgrade. I doubt you'd see much performance improvement adding another 6850 on that weak of a CPU.

Upgrade to a sandy/ivy bridge setup (or some sort of overclocked Faildozer Bulldozer/Phenom II setup if you are a big AMD fan) and then think about upgrading your GPU :) 

ok thanks for the reply! how much performance will i get from a new cpu? cuz the bf3 performance graph shows my cpu being dragged down alot. but so is m gpu.
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 3:33:56 PM

schecterplayer said:
ok thanks for the reply! how much performance will i get from a new cpu? cuz the bf3 performance graph shows my cpu being dragged down alot. but so is m gpu.

That depends - what resolution are you playing at and what framerates are you getting?
m
l
June 29, 2012 4:00:23 PM

BigMack70 said:
That depends - what resolution are you playing at and what framerates are you getting?

i play at full 1080p and high settings and get around 30-50 frames
m
l
!