Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Front Panel USB 3.0 to 2.0?

Last response: in Components
January 2, 2013 5:05:31 AM

Ok I want to get the NZXT Tempest 410, the non elite version, and it has only one usb 3.0 port. I don't want to waste my motherboard's USB 3.0 header since it can actually give 2 USB 3.0 ports. Conveniently, the motherboard comes with this one accessory which you can use as 2 front panel usb 3.0 headers, which is pretty neat, so I wish to do that. Is there any way I can instead connect the case's single front panel usb 3.0 header and connect it to a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard since the motherboard comes with an accessory which can fully utilize the 2 USB 3.0 port capability? Do I need an adapter or anything? Thanks in advance.

More about : front panel usb

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 5:09:46 AM

This adapter.

I use this, works well, it's cheap, etc etc.
January 2, 2013 7:04:29 AM

doubletake said:
This adapter.

I use this, works well, it's cheap, etc etc.

lol wow dude to be honest I found that EXACT same adapter, on amazon shortly after I posted this, but I decided not to remove this if others have the same problem. I know it is because I checked out the reviews of it before and the see 1 review button was orange, because if you already visited that place it turns orange. Thanks anyways, this would still have helped a BUNCH.
m
l
January 2, 2013 7:06:20 AM

Best answer selected by Solid_Snake3.
m
l
Related resources
!