Right Side of the Start Menu

I guess a registry edit is needed, as you're not by far the first person
to tell me this can't be done though Windows. Any idea where I could
request this edit? I'm far from an expert with the Windows Registry.

--
Isolated
1 answer Last reply

    i found a way to change the menu. using the registry is needed a bit.

    i found an application the will help you with this issue.
    i lost it. i'll post the url to it if i find it again.

    "Isolated" <Isolated.1qjv1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I guess a registry edit is needed, as you're not by far the first person
    > to tell me this can't be done though Windows. Any idea where I could
    > request this edit? I'm far from an expert with the Windows Registry.
    >
    > Loki-uk Wrote:
    >> Hi there the only folder that you can add here are certain system
    >> folders
    >> like my network places and my favorites etc. To do the right click on
    >> the
    >> start button from the menu that appears left click on properties. Click
    >> on
    >> the customize button to the right of thr start menu option. Next click
    >> on the
    >> advanced tab at the top now in the centre is a box with all of the
    >> available
    >> folders in you can scroll down and tick the ones you want to add and
    >> even
    >> choose in some cases how they are displayed. I have looked into this
    >> too and
    >> I have been unable to add any otehr folders onto this side of the start
    >> menu.
    >> I have never seen any other folders added I imagine that you may be
    >> able to
    >> do it with a registry hack but to date I havent seen any. Hope this
    >> helps and
    >> if not I hope you find what your after.
    >>
    >> Brian
    >>
    >> "Isolated" wrote:
    >> -
    >>
    >> I've been searching for a while, but can't find an answer to this
    >> one.
    >> On the right side of Windows XP's start menu, we've got buttons like
    >> 'My Documents', 'My Network Places', etc. I want to add more folders
    >> there, as per this pictu
    >> http://img119.echo.cx/img119/4687/startmenu9ny.jpg.
    >>
    >> Are there any edits that can be made to change this area? Any help
    >> and/or suggestions
    >> are much appreciated. :)
    >>

    >> --
    >> Isolated
    >> -
    >

    > --
    > Isolated

Configuration Start Menu Registry Customization Windows XP