Best upgrade option

hello would like to upgrade my pc.got windows 7,ssd drive.
mobo is an m2n68-am plus Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
gfx card is a radeon hd 5700 PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface
budget is around £200-250.
what do u think i should upgrade first? would like a nice gfx card but im not sure if the board is worth saving either.
9 answers Last reply
More about best upgrade option
  1. The 945 overclocked is a good cpu; I would just upgrade the video card; keep the board if you don't need more ram; list your favorite games for more advice.
  2. mostly bf3,world of tanks too,some other fps shooters.i had a look at some cards but i wasnt sure if the board would be compatible with say a radeon 7750 series or higher.
    running at 1920 x1080 on a philips 241E.
  3. Well you can get a HD7950 with for a bit over £200 so I'd start there.
  4. I'd consider at least the 7850 GPU and a decent PSU (if you don't already have a good one). Antec/Corsair/Seasonic/PCP&C are all good brands to consider when buying a quality PSU. You would need at least 450w for the 7850 GPU and probably should look for at least 500w.
  5. lunyone said:
    I'd consider at least the 7850 GPU and a decent PSU (if you don't already have a good one). Antec/Corsair/Seasonic/PCP&C are all good brands to consider when buying a quality PSU. You would need at least 450w for the 7850 GPU and probably should look for at least 500w.

got a 550 psu,nothing great just a generic £25 cheap job to replace a broken part.
    i was looking at a radeon hd 7850 but how does that work with PCIe 3.0 (x16) is it bckward compatble?
  6. Yes, PCIE is backward compatible.
  7. im thinking XFX 7850 Black Edition DD AMD/ATI Graphics Card - 2GB,sems a nice card,any thoughts?
  8. I agree it should be nice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Processors Components