Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Geforce GTX 670 or HD Radeon 7850 (Performance & Price)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 29, 2012 2:38:29 PM

Hello,
My work is 3D Programs & Database Programs, so is there a big different between GTX 670 & Radeon 7850 according to the price?
because GTX 670 = $400 & HD Radeon 7850 = $260
there's about $140 difference in price
Note : My LCD = 23"

another thing,
if i need to make a future's SLI/CF & my board have PCIe 3.0 x16 = 2 (x16/0 or x8/x8), my SLI/CF will work on x8/x8, is that ok for both cards? or one of them more better than other with dual x16?
a c 125 U Graphics card
June 29, 2012 2:58:51 PM

Hi

Does any of the programs you use utilise CUDA or Open CL?

You haven't mentioned gaming, if your not interested in gaming then I see very little point in spending so much on a graphics card.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 5:26:50 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi

Does any of the programs you use utilise CUDA or Open CL?

You haven't mentioned gaming, if your not interested in gaming then I see very little point in spending so much on a graphics card.


i'm using graphics Programs not games
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 29, 2012 5:35:43 PM

Nsync said:
i'm using graphics Programs not games



hes asking because only a very specific list of games will use cuda, and if it can use cuda, thats where nvidia cards will shine.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 6:10:17 PM

What you need is a card that has good GPU compute power. An HD 7850 Has 1.75 TeraFLOPS compute where a HD6870 has 2.0 and a HD 6950 has 2.25. you can go to Nvidias website to get specs on the gtx670. The best bang for the $ would be a HD 6950 with 2gigs of vram or for $100 more an HD 7870 is about the same GPU compute power. Although a GTX 670 will smoke the rest of these cards in gaming, a card that costs less than half as much may be faster for the work you do.
m
0
l
a c 545 U Graphics card
June 29, 2012 6:33:03 PM

Nsync said:
i'm using graphics Programs not games

Which graphics programs specifically?
m
0
l
June 30, 2012 2:03:07 AM

dudewitbow said:
hes asking because only a very specific list of games will use cuda, and if it can use cuda, thats where nvidia cards will shine.

I think the only game may i play is FIFA or PES

Hydroc10 said:
What you need is a card that has good GPU compute power. An HD 7850 Has 1.75 TeraFLOPS compute where a HD6870 has 2.0 and a HD 6950 has 2.25. you can go to Nvidias website to get specs on the gtx670. The best bang for the $ would be a HD 6950 with 2gigs of vram or for $100 more an HD 7870 is about the same GPU compute power. Although a GTX 670 will smoke the rest of these cards in gaming, a card that costs less than half as much may be faster for the work you do.

but i think that HD 6950 is an old Architecture, On the contrary HD 7850 come with new Architecture with tha same price & performance

ko888 said:
Which graphics programs specifically?

AutoCAD
Revit Architecture & Structure
Adobe Programs
Oracle Primavera & Oracle Database
m
0
l
!