Poor system stability after changing to 965 be

porkin55

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
hello everyone,

first of all love these forums and any light shed on my problem is great appreciated. now to the problem. I'm expriencing poor system stability when I changed from a x2 250 Athlon 2 to the 965 be phenom 2. I basically only use this comp to play sc2 and troll. as of now I can surf on it but when I try to get after the login screen on sc2. I checked CPUz and it said the voltage on it was 1.5 while in bios it read 1.45. I step lowered the voltage with no success as it would not last longer than 15mins in prime95 with out locking up even on auto. I don't want to oc nor do I have any experience in it I just want it to run at 3.4 for now so my question is where does my problem lie and if someone could help me or even point in the right direction that would be awesome.

CPU- amd 965 be
mobo- gigabyte ga-785gmt-ud2h f9bios
graphics- 7770oc also gigabyte
not sure of the ram but its 2x1gb
psu- ocz500watt (strange rattling from fan sometimes)
kingwin blue led case fan

Don't stress test with prime 95; it doesn't run well on some boards. Use your regular programs; if you have any issues, you'll see them soon enough. I know some folks swear by prime 95, but it won't run well on some boards; maybe it's just one bios setting that locks it up, but I never use it.

Don't worry what any third party programs say your voltage is just run it as stock.
Some chips will handle a voltage drop others wont, also your PSU sounds suspect and may not be supplying stable voltage anyway.

See if you can check the BSOD code online, check all physical power connections inside the case (with the power OFF) ;) You would be surprised how many people don't do this.

Check all parts such as Ram and GPU are seated correctly.

Make sure all drivers are correct. For instance did you re install and update GPU drivers ?

Mactronix :)