Sign in with
Your question

Whats the best cpu my board supports

Last response: in CPUs
January 2, 2013 11:52:51 AM

my pc is a compaq SR5315UK

on cpuid the motherboard says its ECS livermore8

im wondering what is the best cpu that this motherboard supports i currently have the pentium dual core e2140 1.6ghz thankyou
a b V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 1:37:08 PM

Hp.com says you can go up to a Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300 from your existing E2140 it would be a substantial upgrade. However I agree with Darth, you'd be better off with a new mb/cpu combo.
Related resources
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 234 V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 1:41:12 PM

darth pravus said:
http://ark.intel.com/products/36487/Intel-Pentium-Proce...

It's not much of an upgrade to be honest. Going with a z77 board and an ivy bridge pentium would be a huge increase

According to HP, the fastest supported processor is the Core 2 Duo (Conroe) E4300. The E2210 is not on the list, but I presume that you verified that it's supported.
a b V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 1:46:59 PM

Disadvantages of branded system: Branded systems only give 1year warenty,Assembled system give 3years warenty (2year extra warenty compare to branded).
branded systems give limits for users examples: 1:limited sata ports ,2:low space for extra hdds ,3:upgrade processor also not supported (many processors) because of branded system bios. 4:upgrading gpu also not supported (many gpus )because of branded systems psu and bios limitations. 5:if u r linux user don't spend money for ms os and softwares. etc.....
If u upgrade processor , psu upgrad needed.
then one another thing core 2duo is slower then dual core because of power saving option.
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2013 1:47:22 PM

It is supported within the chipset and I don't think HP lock their boards like dell
January 2, 2013 1:59:47 PM

i think u will just buy a used lga775 motherboard that supports core2duo and core2quad as there really cheap compared to getting something newer ... only thing i do is back and reburn dvds i own so that i can keep my orignal dvds in new condtion and i stream tvcatchup.com ..... i think a good core2 overclocked a bit would be enough for what i am doing as the e2140 aint that bad tbh ....thankyou for the replies people
January 2, 2013 2:05:27 PM

I MEANT I WILL NEED TO BUY
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 234 V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 2:29:29 PM

darth pravus said:
It is supported within the chipset and I don't think HP lock their boards like dell

I' d try it if the CPU is free, but I wouldn't buy one unless I'm absolutely sure taht it will work. I agreee with you that upgrading to an E2210 (if it's supported in the BIOS) or an E4300 isn't worth it.
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2013 4:16:04 PM

DDR2 Ram is very expensive bear in mind
!