Guidance & Suggestions needed! ^^'

Oliver LPS

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hey Everyone, this is a thing that has been bothering me a bit of late. ^^

I am currently in need to upgrade my ATI Radeon HD 4550 (512 mb) after my opinion, and I would like you peoples opinion on these two I've thought about getting instead.

You are welcome to come with completely different suggestions but I am looking at these currently;

http://www.ebuyer.com/343933-msi-hd-6570-2gb-ddr3-vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-r6570-md2gd3-lp

MSI HD 6570 with 2GB and DDR3, PCI-Express and yada-yada you can read all the details on it on the link ^^

http://www.ebuyer.com/265343-sapphire-hd-6570-2gb-ddr3-dvi-vga-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-11191-02-20g

Number two, not too much difference I think, except something about a missing 'low profile' thing for this one? :eek: Uncertain if I use one of those but heh, time will tell.

I don't have much knowledge about these things though, merely small bits and bobs I pick up from friends and stuff, and therefore looking for someone to help me out with this! ^^

I am gonna focus on gaming and kind of heavy programs,

Games could for example be Skyrim, Game of Thrones, R.E. Operation Racoon City or some other stuff alike, where I run on a 1920 x 1080 resolution, on a 27" screen, I prefer them with sort of high quality graphics. :D

Well! I'm leaving it in you peoples hands to help me decide! ^^

-- Oliver,

Oliver LPS

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hmm, it can swing to about... £130/160 Euro/$200'ish maybe I think. Not 100% sure. Currently only a student which finished exams, but getting some cash scrapped in soon. :b

Skyrim, for example recommends a 4890 class card, which is considerably stronger than the 6570.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113823-Skyrim-PC-Requirements-Revealed

Look at the 7750 which is almost that strong and does not need auxiliary power.
http://www.ebuyer.com/344782-gigabyte-hd-7750-1gb-gddr5-vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-gv-r775oc-1gi

It will run powered by only the pcie slot.

If you want anything stronger, it will need extra power, so the psu you have will come into question, and you need to tell us what it is.

^Yes, we will need the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU in order to make a recommendation. It would do no good to say "Get a GTX560Ti" if your system cannot power it, or dies trying with a flash and a bang.

Oliver LPS

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Alright, I'll take a quick search on google how to check that stuff, as said previously I ain't very familiar with these things. ^^''

Every psu must have a data plate that will give you it's specs. Look inside your pc. Hopefully, the data plate is visible without needing to disassemble anything major.
Look for the brand, model #, the wattage, and most importantly, the amps on the +12v rails.
If it gives the total +12v amps, that is good too. Some psu's, notably older and cheap ones will not have that information.

Oliver LPS

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
www.photobucket.com/Oliverlpspsu

I took some screenshots, it had to be completely split up, as it was not in a visible place ^^'' The reason it took so long :b

I hope this will help out, it was the only labels and stuff that could have something to do with it, due to it was on it. (Unless I am completely mistaken. ^^'')

Also, the very last one, is the whole PC model and stuff, :b Thought I might just add it, just in case.

Actually, FSP is one of the better budget brands. But, your 350W unit has only a max of 24a on the +12v rails.
You might be able to run a card as strong as a GTX 550ti, or a 7770 with it, assuming the psu has a 6 pin pci-e power lead.
If it does not, I would not try using molex to 6-pin adapters that would be needed for any strong graphics card.

Past that, you will need to replace the psu with something stronger.

The 7750 is a nice jump over what you have, I would be inclined to do that.

Oliver LPS

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Very well Geo! Thanks for the help you all! I will leave the thread open for a few more suggestions for a while, if anyone has something, meanwhile I will go see if I can scrap some cash off here and there, while looking at the 7750 ^^