Instability problems with new components

bluehowell

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
So I built this computer about a year and have been upgrading it since then. Yesterday I installed a new Motherboard and another graphics card for crossfire, before I did this i used sysprep. I installed the drivers for everything again. During games, mainly on loading screens, the computer freezes, displaying the frozen game, I am unable to navigate away from this screen. On boot up, icons and initial programs take longer to start but after five minutes everything is fine, i can browse the web play music ect for as long as i want but games freeze after about 10 minutes.

specs-
Phenom ii x4 @3.4GHz
gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
Radeon hd 5750 crossfire
320 and 750 gb sata HDD
cm Gx lite 700w
8 gb ddr3 ram 1333MHz
Noctua NH c14

have you installed the newest bios updates for the new mb. I would boot into safe mode and remove all of the mb and chipset drivers and then let windows reload them. then go to amd web page and install the newest one for the mb. i would alos run cpu and gpu-z with cpu-z see what speed and timing the mb set the ram at. there is a spd tab that if you click on it will show you the speed and timing the ram can run at. i would make sure your runing at the fastest you ram can run at. with gpu-z you want to check that the mb is reading the video card right and the pci bus is working ie it reading 2.0 at 16x speed. i would also take a look at the part# of your ram and see if it on the mb qal list or the ram vendor qal list.

bluehowell

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
i installed the new motherboard bios, here is a pic of my cpu-z
wgpb1k.png