Graphics card not being detected?

gamersbureau

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
If i turn it off [disable it] which i have then i won't be able to use either GPU i've tried it. have to reset BIOS everytime.

I don't have another GPU :(

you want to run gpu-z on the bottom of the porgram is a pull down. if you have both the onboard and the gpu working you should be able to pull it down. the gpu wont show up if you dont have all the mb chipset drivers loaded and sometime with some mb wont show if nothing plug into it.

gamersbureau

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
All 6 pins from the corsair cx600W PSU is connected, in the pulldown all I can see is the onboard graphics, I don't see my radeon 6870

OK, after helping in another thread and reading through the others, I think we can safely assume that either the card is dead, or the slot on the mobo is.

Unfortunately, the only way to know is with another card to test with.

G

re-seat the video card and make sure in the BOIS you have the PEG selected as primary graphics card. you can also try to move it to the x8 mode pci-e slot.

gamersbureau

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
DJDeCiBel I love you! lol thanks for the help bro.

Looniam done that i'm going to assume the card+mobo is faulty and just get them repaired or replaced with warranty. either that or get a refund for my card and move on to Nvidia lol