Help with saving to c and d drive

June 13, 2005 1:49:17 PM

I need someone to help me with the following:
Whenever I download anything I must save to D drive as C doesn't have much
memory. Even when I select 'save to D' and the path shows this, my computer
always saves in C too!!!!!
Please help

More about : saving drive

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:17:40 PM

When installing programs onto D, some files have to be installed on the boot
partition (C)..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Boosy Girl" <Boosy Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need someone to help me with the following:
> Whenever I download anything I must save to D drive as C doesn't have much
> memory. Even when I select 'save to D' and the path shows this, my
> computer
> always saves in C too!!!!!
> Please help
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:26:29 PM

i have seen this issue before.

i think i can help you fix it.

the issue is fixed differently on different operating systems.

i used to do experents on my PCs for a while.

first tell me what OS you have.
Windows XP (home, pro, or media center edition (2004 or 2005) )
w/o sp1, w/ sp1 , or sp2
or Windows 2000

i'm doing some research on this for you now because i have not dealt with
this in a while.

from,
Steven

"Boosy Girl" <Boosy Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need someone to help me with the following:
> Whenever I download anything I must save to D drive as C doesn't have much
> memory. Even when I select 'save to D' and the path shows this, my
> computer
> always saves in C too!!!!!
> Please help
June 13, 2005 6:44:02 PM