Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Asus g51VX-RX05] Upgrade?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 2, 2013 3:26:29 PM

Hey guys, so i want to upgrade this computer to re-sell.
Atm I have windows 7 ultimate to run on it, and would definitely like to upgrade this computer to the extreme.

I want to:
Upgrade graphics to handle most of today's games in high/ Ultra with good fps. $100-200 budget?
I want a new CPU that is just decently faster. $100-200 Budget?
I would like to Upgrade the Ram to the best possible for maybe $100-150.
I would like to upgrade the hard drive to either maybe a 500gb+ hard drive, or a ssd (ofc itll be more expensive) 100-150 budget.
I want to upgrade the heatsinks if the stock they come with will not be sufficient.

With it stock I had a guy buy it for 450 but it had loads of issues with gaming so i want to maybe try to sell it for:

Total cost of upgrades
+ 450
+ 250 for the profit

Thanks!!!
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2013 3:34:16 PM

I reccomend to post this question in forum of systems - new built
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2013 4:14:03 PM

Hi :) 

This is a laptop correct ??

In which case forget it, you cannot upgrade most of those parts, and not worth it to sell as a second hand lappy...

I just found one second hand for $425...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2013 4:35:43 AM

I have the same laptop. I think you can upgrade the cpu so long as its within the same processor family. Also, there is a DDR2 version and a DDR3 version of the motherboard. I checked into that before:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aft...

But it was too expensive. Now its cheap! Found one for $25 on Ebay. Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Duo-Mobile-T9400-S...

I'm thinking about upgrading and keeping it. You won't get anything for it if you sell it.

powerkiteman1 said:
Hey guys, so i want to upgrade this computer to re-sell.
Atm I have windows 7 ultimate to run on it, and would definitely like to upgrade this computer to the extreme.

I want to:
Upgrade graphics to handle most of today's games in high/ Ultra with good fps. $100-200 budget?
I want a new CPU that is just decently faster. $100-200 Budget?
I would like to Upgrade the Ram to the best possible for maybe $100-150.
I would like to upgrade the hard drive to either maybe a 500gb+ hard drive, or a ssd (ofc itll be more expensive) 100-150 budget.
I want to upgrade the heatsinks if the stock they come with will not be sufficient.

With it stock I had a guy buy it for 450 but it had loads of issues with gaming so i want to maybe try to sell it for:

Total cost of upgrades
+ 450
+ 250 for the profit

Thanks!!!

m
l

Best solution

February 7, 2013 4:39:48 AM

Best Buy versions support most if not all the dual core Penryn P and T series chips. T9600 9800 9900 even the X9100 will work fine. As far as quad I remember one guy with a best buy model tried a QX9300 and when it didn't work it was further tested by tech support at GenTechPC in a reseller model. They came to the conclusion the best buy models don't support the quad for whatever reasons just like the G50.
!