Solved

Help with 2013 upgrade!

I am looking to upgrade my PC. I do alot of gaming, email and working with photoshop. So I want the PC to fast and the graphics to look fantastic! I am looking to spend no more than $700. I thing I should mention...I Do not want to Overclock!What should I upgrade?

This is what I am running.

Windows 7 --64
i7 920 @ 2.67
Asus P6T (not the Deluxe)
Gefore GTX 570 1028mb
Corsair XMS3 6gd DDR3
Samsung 1tb sata & 300gb HD
Corsair 850TX power supply


Thanks for all your help
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help 2013 upgrade
  1. **A friend recommended me to buy a new CPU (AMD FX-8350) and MOBO (ASUS Sabertooth990fx R2) and 8gb of 1600mhz Memory. Good choice or not?
  2. Here you go. Everything with room to CrossFire later (if you want to with that 850W PSU)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($208.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($95.23 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ B&H)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $696.19
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-02 12:47 EST-0500)
  3. I would say wait until haswell comes out and some new parts. If your not willing to wait I can help you pick out the best parts possible!
  4. melikepie said:
    I would say wait until haswell comes out and some new parts. If your not willing to wait I can help you pick out the best parts possible!



    Thanks for the reply!

    I want to upgrade now. I waited about 2-3 yrs to upgrade! Not sure what to upgrade first! I dont want to build a whole new computer. but I would like it to be faster and better visually when I am gaming! Can you help me out?
  5. You can upgrade if you want to, but new generation GPU and CPU's are just few months away... Can't you just wait a little? :p
    s1lent said:
    Thanks for the reply!

    I want to upgrade now. I waited about 2-3 yrs to upgrade! Not sure what to upgrade first! I dont want to build a whole new computer. but I would like it to be faster and better visually when I am gaming! Can you help me out?
  6. s1lent said:
    Thanks for the reply!

    I want to upgrade now. I waited about 2-3 yrs to upgrade! Not sure what to upgrade first! I dont want to build a whole new computer. but I would like it to be faster and better visually when I am gaming! Can you help me out?

    Your CPU is fine but maybe you could go for a new GPU. But if you really want to upgrade just wait a few moths.
  7. 12GB ram (3x4gb)(only because you photshop), a GTX670, plus a nice 256Gb SSD would be all you need I think.
  8. Best answer
    popatim said:
    12GB ram (3x4gb)(only because you photshop), a GTX670, plus a nice 256Gb SSD would be all you need I think.


    +1

    If you only have HDD, SSD's will make just about any Core I3/5/7 system feel faster. (although it doesn't have to be 256GB.)

    More ram (Can you ever go wrong with more? :lol: )

    faster graphic. Maybe, another 570 in SLI instead of a 670?

    Edit: forgot to about the Vram. maybe a 670 would be better.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product