ohnoyoudidnt

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Okay, my computer is actually from ibuypower but they are basically the same thing so I am posting this here. My pc has been used since april/may. It has had no real problems before. Instead of posting all my specs, I am going to post the one thing that matters in this situation, which is my case. My case is a the azza solaris case. Has been a great case until today when the power button is stuck. My sister said that last night she pushed the power button in to start the computer and it just stayed down. It did not pop up and turn the computer on, but just stayed down. This case also has reset button that did the same thing. I was able to pop the reset button out and put back in. But the power button is a different story. the power button is much hard to get out. I actually got a extremely thin knife and was able to get one side of the power button out but when i try to get the other one out it just sinks back down. If i press the one side i got up down. It stays down like before. So i spent the last hour trying to get the power button up with the knife and failing each time. All i could do was scratch up the sides of the power button and nothing else. Upon further inspection, there is some wires unplugged. They looked like 4 pins but i really couldnt tell. Any ideas? I know this a strange problem but any answers are really appreciated.

ktbackwards

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I have this same exact problem and same ibuypower case too. My button got stuck this morning when I attempted to hold it down for manual turnoff. The button went down, got stuck, and the computer stayed on. I am afraid to unplug the computer and mess with it for fear that I wouldn't be able to start it again if I should fail to fix the button.

I haven't tried to fix it yet, because I'm not sure what I'm doing. I think the answer would be to take it apart and see if I can push it out from the inside, but I'm unsure. I would welcome any other suggestions.

ktbackwards

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

I posted beneath you awhile back, same problem and all that. Well, today I took ol' compy apart and it was a suprisingly easy fix:

I took off both the sides and the plastic front.

Next, I unscrewed the disc drive on the sides and removed it. It needs to come out as it is blocking the power button from beneath.

Flipped compy over, moved some wires out of the way, and discovered that the white plastic piece attaching a wire to the power button was loose. Pushed it in, and stuck a piece of tape over it. Done!

Optional: Moved disc drive down two slots, in case this should happen again, so I won't have to take the sides off.