CPU Overheating Issues! 60c idle/73c+ Gaming

blupa2009

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Just recently had some problems with my CPU overheating I have not over clocked it or installed any new hardware.

I have a Antec 900 case with 5 fans plus a Antec Adjustable fan.

Stock HTS and fan on CPU.

My computer specs are:

Motherboard: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

PSU: Corsair TX750 750W

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz

12GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTS 450

My computer would randomly turn of without warning when playing Guild Wars 2 this happened 2 times so I decided to take apart the computer and clean the dust out of it and move the cables around for better air flow. This seemed to fix my issue for a about 4 days then just yesterday my computer speakers started to make a very loud siren type noise when playing Guild Wars 2 so I logged of the game and the noise went away which made me realize the CPU was over heating again.

I tried reapplying thermal paste with 2 methods first the spread method and secondly the pea size blob method but this hasn't changed anything. I also updated my bios to the latest version. All fans are on full speed I set them with the switches.

Right now I'm idling at 60c with just a few windows open in Win 8 when gaming it reaches 73c then after a while that siren noise will come on until I exit the game. The heat sink never feels hot at all and I have made sure I aligned it up properly using the plastic bracket thing as a guide.

Any idea what the problem maybe?

Capture_zpsf3a76095.png