CPU Overheating Issues! 60c idle/73c+ Gaming

Just recently had some problems with my CPU overheating I have not over clocked it or installed any new hardware.

I have a Antec 900 case with 5 fans plus a Antec Adjustable fan.

Stock HTS and fan on CPU.

My computer specs are:

Motherboard: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

PSU: Corsair TX750 750W

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz

12GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTS 450

My computer would randomly turn of without warning when playing Guild Wars 2 this happened 2 times so I decided to take apart the computer and clean the dust out of it and move the cables around for better air flow. This seemed to fix my issue for a about 4 days then just yesterday my computer speakers started to make a very loud siren type noise when playing Guild Wars 2 so I logged of the game and the noise went away which made me realize the CPU was over heating again.

I tried reapplying thermal paste with 2 methods first the spread method and secondly the pea size blob method but this hasn't changed anything. I also updated my bios to the latest version. All fans are on full speed I set them with the switches.

Right now I'm idling at 60c with just a few windows open in Win 8 when gaming it reaches 73c then after a while that siren noise will come on until I exit the game. The heat sink never feels hot at all and I have made sure I aligned it up properly using the plastic bracket thing as a guide.

Any idea what the problem maybe?

3 answers Last reply
More about overheating issues idle gaming
  1. Is the fan on the CPU working? It might be failing and not spinning fast enough/not spinning at all.
  2. Yes the fan on the CPU is working.
  3. I've added CPUID hardware monitor sceenshot not sure if everything else is what it should be at temp and volt wise.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers