Sign in with
Your question

Cannot Install 9500GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 29, 2012 8:13:00 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to install an Nvidia 9500GT on a new PC, but if I plug the monitor into it from the get-go, I get no display. Disconnecting the card and using the onboard display allows me access to the desktop, where I downloaded the relevant drivers, but when I try to install them it says it can't find the relevant hardware.

If I have the card plugged in, the display goes off - when I do get the display up using the onboard graphics, it won't allow me to install the drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More about : install 9500gt

June 29, 2012 8:34:20 PM

Quick update - the screen WILL show the display now, but all it will show is a large Windows logo on a blue background, and nothing else. It will not continue through to the desktop, so I still can't access the relevant drivers for the graphics card. Thanks.
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2012 8:39:17 PM

could be your PSU is not up to par and freezes on start up

you may also need to change your video settings from on-board to dedicated card in your BIOS but usually the PC handles that automatically

Related resources
June 29, 2012 8:59:27 PM

The thing is that it's a completely new PC, and it works perfectly fine before you start trying to install the 9500GT. Is there a possibility that the card is broken, from the results it's showing? It's really annoying, because to install the drivers I need the card plugged in, but if I plug the card in, it won't load up to desktop.

I have downloaded the drivers for it. I'm not particularly computer literate, but if I burn the drivers onto a disk and get the BIOS to boot from disk, might that work?

Cheers.
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2012 9:30:49 PM

it could be a bad card. can you try it on another PC?

what PC do you have?
June 29, 2012 9:41:57 PM

I'm afraid not. We bought a new PC because the old one kept losing power and rebooting. There was never a diagnosis unfortunately, but it does mean that I cannot get it tried in another PC. I'm not sure if a graphics card can make a PC keep rebooting, but I'm inclined to believe it was the power pack causing it, as pressure applied to the top / back of the stack caused it to reboot also (right where the power supply is).

The PC we got is this. I do apologise if the posting of this link is in some way prohibited:

http://www.ebuyer.com/338525-zoostorm-business-desktop-...
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2012 10:25:32 PM

placing pressure on the case causes the PC the re-boot? that is not a good sign

what do you need to the video card for? gaming? is the card new?
June 29, 2012 10:33:03 PM

Sorry, placing pressure on the OLD PC caused it to reboot. We bought a new one today, and it's working perfect, apart from when we try to install this 9500GT. The card is not new - actually removed from the old PC, with the intention of installing it into the new one. Gaming will be the aim of the game eventually, yes.
!