New Build for MoP

Whats going on all thanks for those that are stopping by to help me review a build

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Within a month

Budget Range: Trying to keep it less then $1500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (want to get in to photo editing once I find a free one to download on line lol)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Dont really care Ive only purchased from newegg before, gonna get the CPU from Micro Center

Parts Preferences: Reliable parts only

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (link below is the one I am currently using let me know if it needs upgraded.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Additional Comments:

Here is what I currently put together using pcpartpicker. Again WoW is what I play majority of the time with D3, and possible photo editing in the the future. I download a lot of crap, watch movies on it yada yada yada. I want an SSD for boot drive and to put WoW and a couple other programs on it. Not gonna go SLI so 750W should be the max PSU needed to power the 660 Ti.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($62.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($101.60 @ Mac Connection)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS224-06 DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.01 @ Amazon)
Total: $1193.52

So again help me review it and give me any advice on a different build or even a couple changes love getting input from others and to make sure that I keep myself in check.
9 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. no advice from anyone yet?
  2. Hey man, sorry for lack of response as of yet, with worldwide members it sometimes takes a while :)
    Build looks fine if a little ott for WoW :)
    maybe up the card to a 670 if you stretch the budget?
    monitors fine too, I play at the same res so unless you felt the need to go x3 on the screens don't worry :)
    Moto
  3. Thanks moto been awhile since Ive seen you but then again Im not on like I was last year.

I thought the 660 Ti would already be OP for WoW

Im debating on a 128GB SSD but I think it would be way too much for me

Going to go to a Micro Center store to get a couple of the items for the great discounts
  4. We all have lifestuff outide the Pc room hehe, some things are more demanding than others though :)
    the 660 will be sufficient but I was thinking of longevity, and the Ssd won't help WoW, just boot up and load WoW faster, I don't have an Ssd yet and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything
    Moto
  5. Yeah I know I just hate slow loading times but I have thought about not getting it as well its not like its going to kill me but also having windows load almost instantly is more then worth it
  6. Sleep mode helps with that :-)
    Desktop in about four seconds
    Moto
  7. Got a friend of mine to grab the CPU and Mobo from Micro Center then next weekend I can start ordering the rest and building it
  8. All good, shout up if you have anything else to ask :-)
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product