Sapphire HD 6670 1 gb DDR5

Hello,
I have the following config

1. AMD A6 - 3500 Processor
2. Gigabyte A55M-D2
3. G Skill RipjawsX 4 GB RAM
4. 450W PSU

I am trying to install Sapphire HD 6670 1 gb DDR5 card. When do so, the display does not work. even the on-
board display does not work. pls help

Thanks

AC
21 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 6670 ddr5
  1. Does the computer itself power on?

Maybe you could try taking the card out and running the onboard to make sure it works. Also, you could remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and try it again.
  2. check to see if the card is detected in the bios
  3. there is no display ... i can't check
  4. anirudhz said:
    there is no display ... i can't check

connect the cable to the mobo, not the gpu. use the amd integrated graphics to check. if that doesn't work either then there's something terribly wrong.
  5. Deemo13 said:
    Does the computer itself power on?

Maybe you could try taking the card out and running the onboard to make sure it works. Also, you could remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and try it again.

hi,

the computer boots but there is no display. if the sapphire card is installed, neither the onboard display works nor the sapphire 6670 works.
  6. dudewitbow said:
    connect the cable to the mobo, not the gpu. use the amd integrated graphics to check. if that doesn't work either then there's something terribly wrong.

onboard works well without the mobo installed. probelm starts when the mobo is installed. Does my mb support DDR5 ??
  7. anirudhz said:
    hi,

the computer boots but there is no display. if the sapphire card is installed, neither the onboard display works nor the sapphire 6670 works.

Then take out the graphics card, and run the onboard graphics alone without the card to make sure the onboard works.
  8. do you mean gpu? because you cant turn on onboard graphics without the mobo
  9. Deemo13 said:
    Then take out the graphics card, and run the onboard graphics alone without the card to make sure the onboard works.

yup done that ... onboard works just fine
  10. anirudhz said:
    yup done that ... onboard works just fine

now turn off the computer, but keep the plug still in the mobo and not the gpu. does it still work at that moment?
  11. dudewitbow said:
    now turn off the computer, but keep the plug still in the mobo and not the gpu. does it still work at that moment?

display does not work if the sapphire card is installed.
  12. anirudhz said:
    display does not work if the sapphire card is installed.

then its a possibility that the mobo's pci-e, psu or gpu is badly reacting with the system.
  13. dudewitbow said:
    then its a possibility that the mobo's pci-e, psu or gpu is badly reacting with the system.

No thats not the case. Actually the Advance BIOS setting needs to be changed. Change the setting to "onboard" or "PCI". the card works fine.

Now i have got into a different problem. Cant crossfire the onboard 6540 with 6670. Tried everything on Vision Control Center. Suprisingly the display adapter is shown as "disable adapter" on VISION Control.

Help pls

Thanks
  14. hey you can only crossfire a hd 6670 with top of the line a8 seires processors
    with your a6 best you can get is ahd 6570 or hd 6450
    sorry bhai but you will have to buy another card for crossfire
  15. panwala95 said:
    hey you can only crossfire a hd 6670 with top of the line a8 seires processors
    with your a6 best you can get is ahd 6570 or hd 6450
    sorry bhai but you will have to buy another card for crossfire

tis actually incorrect, the a6 works with the 6670, its the a4 which is the one llano chip that doesnt.
  16. dudewitbow said:
    tis actually incorrect, the a6 works with the 6670, its the a4 which is the one llano chip that doesnt.

only quad core a6 parts can work with hd 6670 crossfirex
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/45050-amd-a6-3650-llano-apu-review-6.html
  17. panwala95 said:

the a6-3500 comes with igp HD 6530D

according to amd directly and wikipedia

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/pages/dual-graphics.aspx#3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Fusion#Asymmetric_Crossfire_.28AMD_CrossFireX.29

near bottom of page

the 6670 is a legitimate option for the a6-3500
  18. but he says he has hd 6540....
  19. panwala95 said:
    but he says he has hd 6540....

the title of the thread is sapphire 6670 and the OP post clearly states that he has an A6-3500 processor. the OP never even once used the word "6540"
  20. anirudhz said:
    No thats not the case. Actually the Advance BIOS setting needs to be changed. Change the setting to "onboard" or "PCI". the card works fine.

Now i have got into a different problem. Cant crossfire the onboard 6540 with 6670. Tried everything on Vision Control Center. Suprisingly the display adapter is shown as "disable adapter" on VISION Control.

Help pls

Thanks

see dudeitbow i meant this!
  21. panwala95 said:
    see dudeitbow i meant this!

I see where your getting at, your answering the second question that the OP has. I can move along now(after reading that like 3 times and double checking)

edit: but rereading your post, my original statment holds true, as you say you can only hybrid crossfire with an A8, which you can with an A6 as well IRL. But the outlying problem was never answered. the mention of a cpu should not have happened, as he tried to crossfire 2 Gpus(the 6670 and the 6450) which are incompatable, and have nothing to do with the processor, which i was getting around to answer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire HD Graphics Displays