Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Sapphire HD 6670 1 gb DDR5

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Sapphire
  • HD
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics Cards
June 29, 2012 8:16:23 PM

Hello,
I have the following config

1. AMD A6 - 3500 Processor
2. Gigabyte A55M-D2
3. G Skill RipjawsX 4 GB RAM
4. 450W PSU

I am trying to install Sapphire HD 6670 1 gb DDR5 card. When do so, the display does not work. even the on-
board display does not work. pls help

Thanks

AC

More about : sapphire 6670 ddr5

June 29, 2012 8:25:36 PM

Does the computer itself power on?

Maybe you could try taking the card out and running the onboard to make sure it works. Also, you could remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and try it again.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:33:21 PM

check to see if the card is detected in the bios
m
0
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 8:38:37 PM

there is no display ... i can't check
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:39:43 PM

anirudhz said:
there is no display ... i can't check



connect the cable to the mobo, not the gpu. use the amd integrated graphics to check. if that doesn't work either then there's something terribly wrong.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:42:32 PM

Deemo13 said:
Does the computer itself power on?

Maybe you could try taking the card out and running the onboard to make sure it works. Also, you could remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and try it again.


hi,

the computer boots but there is no display. if the sapphire card is installed, neither the onboard display works nor the sapphire 6670 works.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:48:31 PM

dudewitbow said:
connect the cable to the mobo, not the gpu. use the amd integrated graphics to check. if that doesn't work either then there's something terribly wrong.


onboard works well without the mobo installed. probelm starts when the mobo is installed. Does my mb support DDR5 ??
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:50:55 PM

anirudhz said:
hi,

the computer boots but there is no display. if the sapphire card is installed, neither the onboard display works nor the sapphire 6670 works.

Then take out the graphics card, and run the onboard graphics alone without the card to make sure the onboard works.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:51:41 PM

do you mean gpu? because you cant turn on onboard graphics without the mobo
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:52:30 PM

Deemo13 said:
Then take out the graphics card, and run the onboard graphics alone without the card to make sure the onboard works.



yup done that ... onboard works just fine
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 8:54:49 PM

anirudhz said:
yup done that ... onboard works just fine



now turn off the computer, but keep the plug still in the mobo and not the gpu. does it still work at that moment?
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 9:37:06 PM

dudewitbow said:
now turn off the computer, but keep the plug still in the mobo and not the gpu. does it still work at that moment?


display does not work if the sapphire card is installed.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 9:44:05 PM

anirudhz said:
display does not work if the sapphire card is installed.


then its a possibility that the mobo's pci-e, psu or gpu is badly reacting with the system.
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 5:16:20 AM

dudewitbow said:
then its a possibility that the mobo's pci-e, psu or gpu is badly reacting with the system.


No thats not the case. Actually the Advance BIOS setting needs to be changed. Change the setting to "onboard" or "PCI". the card works fine.

Now i have got into a different problem. Cant crossfire the onboard 6540 with 6670. Tried everything on Vision Control Center. Suprisingly the display adapter is shown as "disable adapter" on VISION Control.

Help pls

Thanks
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 5:59:52 AM

hey you can only crossfire a hd 6670 with top of the line a8 seires processors
with your a6 best you can get is ahd 6570 or hd 6450
sorry bhai but you will have to buy another card for crossfire
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 6:04:57 AM

panwala95 said:
hey you can only crossfire a hd 6670 with top of the line a8 seires processors
with your a6 best you can get is ahd 6570 or hd 6450
sorry bhai but you will have to buy another card for crossfire



tis actually incorrect, the a6 works with the 6670, its the a4 which is the one llano chip that doesnt.
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 7:20:41 AM

but he says he has hd 6540....
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 7:23:27 AM

panwala95 said:
but he says he has hd 6540....



the title of the thread is sapphire 6670 and the OP post clearly states that he has an A6-3500 processor. the OP never even once used the word "6540"
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 7:29:14 AM

anirudhz said:
No thats not the case. Actually the Advance BIOS setting needs to be changed. Change the setting to "onboard" or "PCI". the card works fine.

Now i have got into a different problem. Cant crossfire the onboard 6540 with 6670. Tried everything on Vision Control Center. Suprisingly the display adapter is shown as "disable adapter" on VISION Control.

Help pls

Thanks

see dudeitbow i meant this!
m
0
l
July 2, 2012 7:34:10 AM

panwala95 said:
see dudeitbow i meant this!


I see where your getting at, your answering the second question that the OP has. I can move along now(after reading that like 3 times and double checking)

edit: but rereading your post, my original statment holds true, as you say you can only hybrid crossfire with an A8, which you can with an A6 as well IRL. But the outlying problem was never answered. the mention of a cpu should not have happened, as he tried to crossfire 2 Gpus(the 6670 and the 6450) which are incompatable, and have nothing to do with the processor, which i was getting around to answer.
m
0
l