Is this upgradeable

steelej6

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
If i buy an hp pavillion with a AMD VISION A8 APU 3.2GHz and a AMD Radeon HD 7560D would I be able to upgrade it in the future?

No you won't, laptops are generally not upgradeable in any significant way. The only real upgrades you can do to a laptop are RAM, and swapping out the hard drive. CPU upgrades generally aren't possible because the motherboard's BIOS tend to have a very limited CPU support list. Graphics are only upgradeable if the laptop has an MXM slot, and only really high end gaming laptops have those, and even then not every MXM card will work in a given slot.

If you want upgradeablility, get a desktop. If you desperately need mobility, shell out as much cash as you can for the most powerful system you can get, because you will be stuck with what you buy.

koreanzombie

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Yea you can't really upgrade laptops.

Most common upgrades for them are just Ram, Harddrive...sometimes replacing thermal paste but that requires to disassembling it and can void warranty or ruin the thing.

If your laptop has a dedicated GPU like some of the alienware laptops do, then u can up the GPU, but other than that you're stuck with waht you have.

Actually, you can upgrade laptop cpu's. At least you can on the AMD side. The socket compatibility is a lot more complicated, but itt can be done. I don't it's worth the trouble in most instances, but it can be done.

For example, on socket S1g1, you could upgrade from a single core athlon 64 to an X2 on some systems at least.

I knew that............no really....I did... :whistle:

If you really are serious about an upgrade down the line, build your own system. Pick a PSU with a 5 or 7 year warranty and a nice roomy case. Then build and upgrade to your hearts content.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Really , better not tell my laptops , went from a t 7200 to x-9000 and a t 8400 to a x-9100 , warranty , I just stuck the t-7200 back in for warranty work , no PROBLEM . As for GPU those are not as upgradeable without a lot of franken work in most cases .