Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which CPU Should I buy?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 2, 2013 5:20:26 PM

Hi, i'm considering building a computer and I Am Very Undecided about my Cpu
I am mainly considering using An AMD FX 8350
I Have never used an AMD before and something tells me I should just wait and get a Haswell i7
My Main uses for this would be
Gaming
Playing Core- Hungry Games Like X-Plane 10
Video Editing
Audio editing
Listening to music
etc.

Thanks :hello: 

More about : cpu buy

a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 2, 2013 5:24:19 PM

Beatlesfan5 said:
Hi, i'm considering building a computer and I Am Very Undecided about my Cpu
I am mainly considering using An AMD FX 8350
I Have never used an AMD before and something tells me I should just wait and get a Haswell i7
My Main uses for this would be
Gaming
Playing Core- Hungry Games Like X-Plane 10
Video Editing
Audio editing
Listening to music
etc.

Thanks :hello: 


As I just said in the other thread you get what you pay for. The I7 is faster and more efficient than the Piledriver allowing it to process more information at lower clock speeds. I would go with the I7.
January 2, 2013 5:31:24 PM

The Thing I forgot to say in the first post is I Am on A semi-tight Budget
and I can't really afford an i7 At The moment
Related resources
a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 2, 2013 5:37:31 PM

Well then you have two options one is immidiate the other is waiting and saving up.

1) You can't afford an I7 but if you have to get something NOW and you don't want to wait get the Piledriver

2) You won't get something right this minute but if you wait and save up you can get an I7 and you will be getting a better processor especially if you wait for Haswell. Haswell will widen the gap between the I7 and Piledriver.
January 2, 2013 5:39:31 PM

Piledriver it is
January 2, 2013 5:44:54 PM

Beatlesfan5 said:
The Thing I forgot to say in the first post is I Am on A semi-tight Budget
and I can't really afford an i7 At The moment

go with the fx then $100 cheaper than i7, and motherboards will also be cheaper... or like rds said u can save and wait... theres also in i5 thats around the same price as the fx, personally i would go fx cuz the boards are cheaper allowing u to spend a little more on gpu or ram if u can... but if u must have intel i5-2500k/3570k is not a bad choice by a long shot(better than fx in most situations)
a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 2, 2013 5:49:55 PM

Beatlesfan5 said:
Piledriver it is


That's up to you but if it were me I would save up and get the better processor rather than settling for lesser performaing Piledriver. Again you also have to remeber that if you waited for the I7 you would be probably getting Haswell which will widen the performance gap even more especially since AMD probably isn't going to have a new CPU until 2014.
January 2, 2013 5:53:55 PM

I'm Not looking for the best, just a decent CPU
that does what I need it to do
a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 2, 2013 5:56:38 PM

Beatlesfan5 said:
I'm Not looking for the best, just a decent CPU
that does what I need it to do


Ok then please select a best answer before you leave.
January 2, 2013 6:07:53 PM

thank you for your help
!