Help Please: External monitor (Asus VK246H) not detecting input from Samsung net

blr

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hi - i just bought a ASUS VK246H (used) as an external monitor with my samsung netbook NP-NF210 (windows 7 starter). The monitor says "no HDMI input" then goes black. I have a VGA connection, (no HDMI outputs on the netbook) and a USB connection for the built-in webcam (windows recognizes the ASUS webcam). Windows detects an external monitor with the model number but not that it is ASUS. I have it on Dual Display Clone - the only option in the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver other than Single Display. I tried looking for an ASUS driver on its site, but couldnt find anything. The information pack for this monitor can only be installed on ASUS computers (i downloaded it and tried).
I am not experienced with this and do not know what else to try.
Please help - and thanks!!

blr

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
thanks for your reply.
I have downloaded the manual and done what it says. i get nothing on the screen when i press teh menu button. When i trun it on i get the ASUS logo and then a blue screen with "no HDMI input".
Is there something else i should try?

rgd1101

Don't

If you got nothing on the screen when you press the menu button, it probably broken, if you can return it, return it.