Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Does a single GTX 670 SUPPORT 3 monitor gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 29, 2012 10:43:17 PM

basically the title of the thread?
June 29, 2012 10:51:47 PM

Yes 3 monitors gaming and a forth for multitasking.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 10:56:05 PM

yes it does via nvidia surround. You will be able to run most games on the highest settings and achieve really good fps, except for graphics intensive games like BF3, Metro 2033, etc.

I have a gtx 670 ftw and it is great. Just got it a couple days ago, and it is awesome. I run the original crysis on the highest settings with full anti aliasing, and achieve 60 frames almost all of the time @1080p. The thing absolutely destroys the 560 i had before.

Can't wait to get my extra monitors for surround...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2012 10:58:41 PM

roadkill922 said:
yes it does via nvidia surround. You will be able to run most games on the highest settings and achieve really good fps, except for graphics intensive games like BF3, Metro 2033, etc.

I have a gtx 670 ftw and it is great. Just got it a couple days ago, and it is awesome. I run the original crysis on the highest settings with full anti aliasing, and achieve 60 frames almost all of the time @1080p. The thing absolutely destroys the 560 i had before.

Can't wait to get my extra monitors for surround...


You can't play it at the highest setting on three monitors unless your fine with 20 fps lol
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 11:20:01 PM

if you gonna do three way monitor setup you gonna need to sli two gtx 670
m
0
l
a c 362 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a c 195 C Monitor
June 30, 2012 3:30:40 AM

See following review for benchmarks with the GTX 670 at 5760x1080 resolution (3 monitors) to determine if the performance is good enough for you. Note that the highest possible graphic settings are used and the test rig has a Core i7-3770k @ 4.7GHz.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Ed...

If you really want to only use a single GPU for a 3 monitor setup, then you should really consider the GTX 690. But in games like Metro 2033 you will probably want more GPU processing power than a single GTX 690 can deliver for 5760x1080 resolution.
m
0
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
June 30, 2012 3:38:30 AM

checkitman22 said:
basically the title of the thread?


generally, yes

but more specifically, what do you plan on playing with 3 monitors? I can tell you right now that you won't be able to run bf3 on ultra...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 3:10:53 PM

jaguarskx said:
See following review for benchmarks with the GTX 670 at 5760x1080 resolution (3 monitors) to determine if the performance is good enough for you. Note that the highest possible graphic settings are used and the test rig has a Core i7-3770k @ 4.7GHz.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Ed...

If you really want to only use a single GPU for a 3 monitor setup, then you should really consider the GTX 690. But in games like Metro 2033 you will probably want more GPU processing power than a single GTX 690 can deliver for 5760x1080 resolution.


Like I said 26 fps isn't really playable :pfff: 
m
0
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
June 30, 2012 3:14:57 PM

COd4 gets 94fps :p . like I said, it depends on the game.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 4:35:03 PM

vmem said:
COd4 gets 94fps :p . like I said, it depends on the game.


Well thats cod i use to get 60-90 fps on my 5770 OC.

And he said MAXED OUT so in most cases he will get less than 30 fps playing lets say BF3 or Crysis maxed out
m
0
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
June 30, 2012 4:41:29 PM

maxh22 said:
Well thats cod i use to get 60-90 fps on my 5770 OC.

And he said MAXED OUT so in most cases he will get less than 30 fps playing lets say BF3 or Crysis maxed out


yeah, I agree 120%. though a part of me is secretly hoping the OP will return and say the only game he plays is Sims3 or something and we can all just flip over and die of laughter :lol: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 4:43:43 PM

vmem said:
yeah, I agree 120%. though a part of me is secretly hoping the OP will return and say the only game he plays is Sims3 or something and we can all just flip over and die of laughter :lol: 


OH ye your right, he didn't even say what games he plays LOL :ouch: 
m
0
l
April 11, 2013 5:08:00 AM

i have i7 3770k
RAM gskill ripjawx 8gb (2x4) @1600mhz
asrock z77 extreme 6
& ssd & an coolermaster evo 212


& i get a solid 128 to 130fps on devil may cry 4 :D  :D 

without any graphic card...... trolled...........
m
0
l
!