Help me pick a new GPU

youed

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Yo guys,

I recently came into money, not much money, but some. Ive got about 170 dollars to upgrade my PC. Right now im thinking of upgrading the PSU and the GPU. Im playing my games on a 1080p monitor. Right now im thinking of just getting a Corsair CX430 PSU and a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7770. Is this a good setup? My current PC specs are down below.

PSU- 250w
CPU- AMD athlon II x2 220
RAM- 6 GB
GPU- intergrated
MOBO- foxconn, has one pci-e 16x and 3 pci-e 1x

dan_35

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
i have phenom 2 965 in my sons tower with 8 gig 560 ti 2GB grphics card and this set up is starting to strugle with the latest games ,but on a i5 or i7 processors on my other machines with same amount of ram and graphics, games run like a dream so worth upgrading hole computer

G

yes that PSU and GPU is a good combo. it would strictly depend on the game you are playing whether or not your cpu struggles and by how much; anything past D3 is hit or miss . . .

youed

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

May i ask what you mean by "anythung past D3"?

G

as far as system requirements because of having an athlon II x2.

you have $170 and using that to upgrade the PSU and GPU will give you a much, much higher performance increase than upgrading the PSU and CPU. but the athlon will be a limiting factor in a number of games.