Sign in with
Your question

Overclockng i5-3330 on ASRock B75M-GL

Last response: in CPUs
January 2, 2013 7:57:17 PM

So, first of all, I realize the multipliers on non-k Intel CPU's should be locked. However, I've been reading that t should be possible to do a limited overclock by changing the Turbo Boost multipliers? I have been looking in my BIOS unable to find anything but the ability to turn Turbo Boost on and off, so I was wondering if there was a software tool able to change this. In my own search I cam across ASRocks own utility called ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility. This application showed nothing regarding the Turbo Boost either, however, it dd have a slder called CPU Ratio at x16,0 which I can increase quite a bit. When doing so, I can see a coresponding increase in in CPU-Zs multiplier and core speed.

Any help?

P.S. Is there any way to prevent The Tech News TV Show from starting every time go somewhere on this site?

Thank you for reading.
January 2, 2013 8:49:33 PM

Well, stupid me, I just realized it was just downclocking itself with speedstep. The max core ratio available is x32. Regardless, have still heard of the ability to do a limited overclock through turbo boost?
February 19, 2014 2:54:24 PM

yeah its possible to overclock an i5 3330, though the max multiplier is only x36, just an extra 400MHz from your stock i5 3330. there should be an option in your bios to change the multiplier, just dont set it to auto.
!