NZXT Gamma Classic Front Panel Audio Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I've got an NZXT Gamma Classic case, and when connecting headphones through the front audio jack I get this buzzing/static sound. The sounds almost resemble the computer thinking (not literally, but you understand) or the hard drive working.. or something of that nature. Plugging into the rear audio ports fixes the problem. This is really inconvenient though.

Also, I could have a fix for plugging into the rear audio ports, as I have a Merc Stealth keyboard which has ports for headphones and a microphone built-in. The problem with this is, no matter which port I plug the keyboard's audio in I get the same buzzing/static sound. I think the problem with that situation quite clearly lies within the keyboard though. It's always had that problem, for as long as I've owned the keyboard.

Solution
That's really weird ... If it's a new build then i would say it's about the case itself. This is a cheap one so try getting a new one or a replacement one.

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
For the front audio port, you could accidentaly have plugged the wrong cable in the motherboard. Look at your board and find the place where your front audio is connected. Normally, it should be HD Audio but if you didn't plug all the stuff correctly it may be AC'97. Just plug the good one. You can also look in the control pannel if the device is recongnized. If it's not there it's the plug that is not correctly plugged in. For the keyboard, if it's not working it's "normal". I have a G110 and i never got the jack ports and usb port on it to work. Just don't use them.

- The Brownie

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I guess that should probably be where I started.. I just checked to make sure and there's only really one spot the HD Audio could go on my motherboard. I feel like I might've just damaged it though.. is it supposed to click into place?

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
That's probably not good then.. everything still appears to be working but the problem is still there. While I'm just on the internet or doing something rather minimal the buzzing is very faint, but when I open a game or something (CS:S is the reason I originally found the problem) the buzzing becomes quite a bit louder.

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
It already happened to me ... If you are sure everything is hooked up fine then go and take a look at your drivers ... maybe yours are not installed ...

my-config.com is a great site for downloading drivers, it tells you what is not installed and what to install

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's not about the case but about the motherboard. Do you have another one laying around ? Maybe the front audio port on your motherboard isnt working well ... thats what happened to me.

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Okay so your computer was homeless before ? xDD what i mean is that you were using it out of a case ? Is it old ? Old motherboard or HP, Compaq boards have more problems with those front pannel stuff ....

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
That's really weird ... If it's a new build then i would say it's about the case itself. This is a cheap one so try getting a new one or a replacement one.

- The Brownie

Solution

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I'll honestly just probably assume the problem's with the case, but just buy a 3.5mm audio extension cable and plug my audio into the rear port. Thanks for the attempt at helping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.