Please Review my Build

thankyoualot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around these forums for a few months looking for a solid budget build for a gaming computer. I'd appreciate any feedback any of you could give me. I've had a chance to peruse several of the budget gaming builds over the last few months and have taken one that I thought looked solid and swapped out the video card:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eZ52

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Within the next week or two.

Budget Range:About $1000 including everything

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Photo Editing, General Use/Surfing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: New Build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: No Preference

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200

Additional Comments: As I live in Vegas, it gets very hot here so I just want to make sure that overheating is not going to be a big issue, or that the cooling is sufficient.

Why Are You Upgrading: My 4 year old gaming laptop broke and I'd like to have a solid desktop for the next 3-5 years.

Thank you so much in advance!

thankyoualot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post TheBigTroll. I'm pretty sure I modified one of your builds to reach what I had anyhow!

SikkoB

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Just a couple suggestions:
Power Supply: OCZ600MXSP its an OCZ brand 600W intel compatable PSU $50.
Mico ATX Case: RC-341C-KKN1-GP is made from a respectable source (Cooler Master) for $45.
System Memory: Corsair PC DDR3 1866 8GB (2x4 GB) for $55 from Newegg as well.

SikkoB

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

That is your opinion, I have two OCZ 700W power supplies that have lastest over 4 years now.

SikkoB

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Your very correct, I always think about a 10% rule. 10% of the time electronics are going to arrive DOA when you are doing this long enough. Case in point I bought two ASUS MBs and both were DOA.

thankyoualot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Just wanted to give an update to anyone who may find this thread in the future I went with TheBigTroll's suggested build and everything appears to be up and running.

The only hitch I have had so far is buying the Windows 7 from the eBid site:
http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/micros [...] 238157.htm

I was given the ISO to install windows 7 home premium but the product key they gave me doesn't work so far. I've sent them an e-mail to resolve the problem so I guess we'll see what happens with that. If not I'll only be out the $50, but at least anyone else who tries to go this route will know. I'll update this post when I have the resolution from 365professionals.

Thanks for your help!

thankyoualot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Just wanted to update this post to let anyone who finds it know that I was able to, after a good amount of e-mails and calls, to get a genuine copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. I wasn't to happy with their response time but they did deliver! $200 vs $50 though is worth it to me!

TRENDING THREADS