Sign in with
Your question

Fully Modular PSU?

Last response: in Components
January 2, 2013 9:23:51 PM

i'm upgrading my case and power supply, i need a new PSU because the one that am using at the moment doesn't have long enough cables and is pretty ugly.

it need to be able to support two gtx 670's in case i decide to go sli in the future and i would also like it to be full modular so that i can braid the cables. i have already see a few i like the best one being the Corsair AX750.

any idea if there are any better or cheaper alternatives?

More about : fully modular psu

a c 260 ) Power supply
January 2, 2013 9:43:18 PM

mercer95 said:
i'm upgrading my case and power supply, i need a new PSU because the one that am using at the moment doesn't have long enough cables and is pretty ugly.

it need to be able to support two gtx 670's in case i decide to go sli in the future and i would also like it to be full modular so that i can braid the cables. i have already see a few i like the best one being the Corsair AX750.

any idea if there are any better or cheaper alternatives?

Hi - a couple fully modular for you to consider:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... XFX 750 nets to $131 - gold

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Seasonic X-850 gold $140 net

Even tho you don't need 850w the price/value of the Seasonic is excellent and it is an oustanding unit.

Tom

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 2, 2013 10:48:42 PM

Funny, the Corsair suggested by the OP, along with the seasonic and XFX units suggested by Toyftw are basically the same unit. They are all based on the seasonic X platform. Though the seasonic and Corsair versions come with a 7 year warranty while the XFX is 5 year. Corsair has the best customer service reputation of the group, if that matter to you.

The OCZ is also a very good unit, but not quite in the same class as the other three. But that is reflected in the lower price.

If you really wanted to do things on the cheap while still buying a decent unit, the thermaltake TR2 700 is a pretty good price at the moment. Its definitely lower quality than the aforementioned units, but it would get the job done.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It all depends upon your budget and the level of quality you wish to have. Cant go wrong with any of the seasonic built units, but you pay for that quality.
January 2, 2013 11:11:08 PM

cheers guys, i went with the ax750, i have a friend of mine who gave me a discount :D 
a c 260 ) Power supply
January 2, 2013 11:15:23 PM

mercer95 said:
cheers guys, i went with the ax750, i have a friend of mine who gave me a discount :D 

Good luck with your rig!
a b ) Power supply
January 2, 2013 11:27:22 PM

mercer95 said:

A good choice. You will be happy with it.
a b ) Power supply
January 2, 2013 11:48:15 PM

excellent choice u get my 2 thumbs up :D 
!